Chapter-23

Not familiar with court hearings and this is a fiction, so let's not lose our mind over this...yeah?
______________________________________

The day of court hearing finally came, they decided to not take Nabi and they already had a talk with the Judge, she is one of the most reputed and righteous women in a world full of snakes, she was ruthless. And somehow Jungkook got to talk with her after a lot of effort, where she agreed to not have Nabi in the first hearing, the Jeon's already got a notice. And on top of that, it's a closed court.

"Are you ready, love?" Taehyung nods, rubbing his cold hands, his feet finally healed "are you Hyung?" He asks, turning back, his eyes landing on Jungkook's sturdy posture, as much as the elder acts that he is fine, Taehyung knows he is not, his eyes have sold him off, and not to mention , Jungkook didn't sleep the whole night just like him "Hyung, it's gonna be alright" Taehyung gently hugs Jungkook, who returns back, he tightens his hold against Taehyung.

Jungkook took in the soothing scent of Taehyung, be it cologne or moisturizer, it helped him in calming down. They both get down to find Min-Young and Seo-Joon, Min-Young is feeding Nabi, "Appa said he will come along with you" Min-Young says, when she sees the couple, "Thanks Mom and Dad" Jungkook bows in gratefulness, "please don't Jungkook, Nabi is our granddaughter, anything for her, Oppa hadn't slept whole night worrying" she says with a smile, eyes landing on Taehyung, who is already been hugged by Seo-Joon.

"We should go now Boss" Hoshi comes, adjusting his cat eyes specs, dressed in a clad black suit, Jungkook nods, "Bye bye Mama and Dada" Min-Young sings, waving Nabi hands gently, holding her in her arm, "baba" she imitates her grandmother, looking at back and forth between her parents and grandma with her twinkling doe eyes, "Bye my doll" Taehyung waves, forcing a smile as he sits the car. Hoshi closes the door after Jungkook enters, Seo-Joon is coming by another car.

Taehyung is sitting between Seo-Joon and Jungkook, clutching onto his husband's hand tightly, Jungkook intertwined their hands, squeezing in reassurance, he turns back and gives a polite smile to Yoongi and Jimin who came with them. He never thought that he would ever step into a court, but here he is now, the atmosphere is so different and suffocating for Taehyung, nobody would ever dream of entering court...until or unless they were going to become a lawyer, judge or a prosecutor. And yeah...police.

And it's the first time that Taehyung saw Hazel, and he doesn't like her a bit, when he finds Hazel looking at them, particularly at Jungkook. His eyes turn into a glare. Everybody stands when the Judge arrives, sitting on her high chair above all, the two parties are present with their teams... The session starts.

"Your honor, the case is regarding the custody rights of Jeon Nabi for my client Kwon Hazel" Lawyer Choi, Kwon's lawyer starts, "my client now is wanting to embrace the motherhood that was snatched away from her by Mr. Jeon Jungkook after the birth of Jeon Nabi, she didn't even get a look at her daughter which is the cruelest thing one could do to a mother, snatching her own child under circumstances of her mental health"

"So I request the honorable Judge to give my client the right to own her daughter" lawyer Choi sits in his place, "does defence have anything to say" "Yes my lord, I agree that it was cruel for a mother to have her baby snatched away from them, but I would beg to differ that in case of Ms. Kwon Hazel... She was diagnosed with Obsessive compulsive disorder, she was obsessed with Mr. Jeon and tried to kill her own baby when she was in her 5th month, these are not empty words, I have already provided the CD of the previous court hearing regarding the custody of Jeon Nabi and also the medical reports of Ms. Kwon" Lawyer Kim of Jeon's says

"And who would want their child to get back with a murderer?" "I object, your honor, Lawyer Kim is making unnecessary character assumptions about my client" "Pardon me My Lord, but I don't know what to call a person who tried to kill a baby in their womb besides a Murderer" "Lawyer Choi and Lawyer Kim, please remember this a honourable court and Lawyer Kim, please refrain from calling Kwon Hazel a murderer, it's a warning for both of you"

"Anything from Kwon's?" "Yes You Honor, I agree my client has made a grave mistake in her life, and she regrets every moment of that, and I have already provided the medical reports of my client's improved state. She is regretting her mistake and now she wants her daughter, I would appreciate it if the honorable Judge, gives her a chance with her daughter and also Nabi would be needing a mother figure in the near future" Lawyer Choi points out.

"My lord, Mr and Mrs. Jeon is happily married and the three are living their perfect life, Mrs. Jeon Taehyung is Nabi's mother and he is fulfilling his duties perfectly" a file is passed to the Judge, all this while Taehyung held his breath, looking at the arguments, it's clear that Kwon's are not backing away, "I appreciate the court to not give the custody of Jeon Nabi to Ms. Kwon Hazel, she is in no stage to fulfill her responsibilities as a mother to Nabi and there is no need for Ms. Kwon, what's the proof that once who tried to kill a pre matured baby would not dare to do that again!"

"Your Honor, it was harsh for Mr. Kim put it like that, but my client has been regretting her every action and I would ask the honorable Judge to give my client a chance, to spend time with her daughter" "After today, taking in all the evidence, I have decided that, Ms. Kwon Hazel gets to meet her daughter twice a week for only two hours" Jungkook clenches his jaw, expression hardening each passing second, Taehyung is no good. "In that case, my lord, it would be appreciated to have an officer around and also Mr and Mrs. Jeon"

"permission granted and the court is adjourned, the next hearing is after a month from today" the judge, Taehyung looks at Kwon, Hazel has a victory Smirk on her face, "Let's leave" Jungkook says, Jeon's immediately leaves, Hazel tilts her head looking at the couple, "I will snatch Nabi Jungkook and you too, I would never let anyone have what's mine, even if it takes to kill you both"

In the Jeon corp, top floor at the CEO office, Mr. Kim is also here, "I can't let her meet Nabi" Taehyung is very stressed about it, "Taehyung-ah it's a court order but a police officer will always be there along with you guys we can't avoid this" Jungkook sighs, "not until Kwon's make a mistake by themselves" Seo-Joon points out and everyone nods in agreement.

"don't stress Jungkook-ah, it happened in a lot of cases and I could say, by next hearing everything, we will win for sure, because I don't think Kwon's will sit doing nothing, they would surely try to make some misunderstanding between you and Taehyung, make you apart and not to mention that will make them stronger" Yoongi says, "True"

"don't stress both of you, think of what could be done and make sure to keep an eye on Hazel when you take Nabi even the smallest evidence is enough to take it to the court...focus on how she is acting with Nabi" Lawyer Kim says, "I will be taking my leave now" "Thanks Uncle Kim" Taehyung bows head, "it's okay, Taehyung-ah" Mr. Kim smiles and leaves.

"And we also need to provide evidence that Hazel isn't cured"
______________________________________

Hey Buns!

Can Hazel win the favour...? Kwon's doing nothing is impossible.

Don't forget to like and comment your thoughts 💜