14. A relationship on the rocks. Tom reunites with Linda McHugh.

Side note: this chapter is related to 21 Jump Street season 4 episode 3: Eternal Flame when Tommy is working at a nightclub and he bumps into his ex and they reunited. Well in this story he's gonna hate he ever bumped into her .

The boys were now one year old and Kiyah was 5 getting ready to start kindergarten. The boys started walking and they were a handful. Tommy got assigned to a case working at a nightclub. He was starting tonight. Fuller suspected the owner of the nightclub was giving out free acid to everyone who came out to the club. Tommy would be hired as a door king /bouncer.  His name would be Tom Hardigan. Lately Me and Tommy has been bumping heads. I don't know what it is. Every since he's be working at this club. He's been really moody and snappy. We had to push our wedding back due to unforseen circumstances maybe that's what it is . Gina had her baby and she was so beautiful. Her name was Layla so gorgeous. Me and Judy were having lunch one day.

"Girl idk what's wrong with Tommy like he's really moody and snappy we've been arguing scaring the kids and I'm really worrying about him".

"Do you think it's because the change of the wedding'?

"Could be. Idk every since he been on this case he's been moody".

"Maybe it's the long hours Jasmine" 

"Maybe".

Something was definitely wrong. I felt it in my gut. This was not the same Tommy I met a year ago. Something was definitely off and I was going to find out what. I didn't want to loose him but I can't keep going on like this. Scaring my kids. They are 5 and 1. They are babies that don't deserve to be in the middle of heated arguments. I can't keep feeling like I'm doin something wrong when I know damn well I'm giving him the best that I've got.

Here's why Tommy is upset: one night at the club Tommy was in the back with Gavin putting away some cash. That's when he saw her. His ex Linda McHugh. Tommy's heart stopped. He dated her when he was 19 and they both wanted to get married but she ended up dumping him. 

"Hardigan this is my wife Linda"

He felt sick.

"Nice to meet you"

"Same."

Tom thought to himself wife? So she married this asshole but why did he care? He had a fiancee and 3 children at home whom he loves very much. All of those old feelings came back. Tommy and Linda kept having little spirals at the club. He knew he should have told Jasmine and got off the case but he felt that no matter how he tried to explain it too her she would not see it that way. He thought he was strong enough to handle it. Big fuckin mistake!! He was talking to Doug at the station.

"Doug she was the one man".

" Who was the one"?

"Linda McHugh ".

Doug thought to himself what the hell 

"Hanson are you listening to yourself are you forgetting about your fiancee and 3 kids"?

"No of course not I was just saying".

"Hanson get off this case before you fuck up again"

"No no I'll be alright"

Doug just looked at him. Tommy was wrong no he won't be alright because his dumb decision was about to bite him in his ass. Back at home we had another argument. Zack knocked something off the table accidentally and Tommy just sat there and didn't say anything.

"Tom get your son"

He just sat there thinking. 

"Tommy what the hell hello!?"