48. At your best, you are love!

We went and talked to Kiyah. She was in her room , staring at her ring, crying. She was scared but most of all she wanted her daddy to be there for her. Instead he was angry. We walked in.

Tommy: baby girl, listen I'm sorry. I'm just shocked. You're fresh out of high school. You're so young, I'm worried about you Kiyah, marriage is hard. I just wanna make sure you know what you're doing. But you're right . You are a adult now, so if you think marrying DeAndre will make you happy and you're sure, then you have my blessing.

She looked up & smiled. She jumped into her daddy's arms almost knocking him down. He hugged her right & they both cried like babies. So did I.

Kiyah: thanks daddy. I love you. I'm sorry for what I said & how I acted. I love DeAndre & I really need your help daddy. I can't do this without you or mama. But we're not getting married right away. I need some time. A few months or so. I need to figure out what all this means you know.

Me: baby I understand. Trust me. Take your time. And if he loves you like he say he does he will be patient & not pressure you.

Tommy: and we'll be right here to help you guys along the way. My babygirl, a woman . Omg and you're so beautiful just like your mama. You remind me so much of her. Strong, humble, independent, beautiful.

She cried, so did I.

Kiyah: thanks daddy. No matter how old I get or rather I'm married or not. I will always be your little girl. You're my hero & the number one man I'm my life.

Those words broke Tommy down. He kissed her check and hugged her..

Me: okay seriously, we gotta stop crying. We got a wedding to plan.

We all laughed. It would be another 3 months before they got married. Me , Tommy, & DeAndre 's parents were paying for the wedding. Zach wasn't so happy about his big sister getting married.

Zach: mama? He had tears in his eyes, he also looked angry

Me: yes baby what's the matter?

Zach: Kiyah... she's...he broke down. You see him & Kiyah were like best friends. He would talk to her about everything. she would talk to him too.

Me: I know baby.. listen it's going to be okay. Kiyah is grown up these things happen. One day hopefully, it will happen to you too. Just try & be happy for her. She's going to need you. I'm not ecstatic about the situation myself but I'm going to try & be happy for her.

Zach: mama he better not hurt her or I swear... I laughed yep, he was Tom's son alright..

Me: you sound like your daddy right now. We laughed..

Jeremiah didn't like it either but he tried to hide it. The other kids were like whatever. Of course Harmony & Josiah didn't quite understand since they were still so young. Julianna was going through puberty, so she didn't really care about anything at the time.

I took Kiyah dress shopping. She found a beautiful, strapless dress. It was so beautiful. I cried so hard. I couldn't believe my eyes , my baby, my first born, was a woman , a soon to be married woman. I had flashbacks of myself, when I first got married. I remember Tommy proposing to me. I had flashbacks of Kiyah when she was a little girl. Riding her bicycle,. playing with her dolls, and being so sweet. I broke down in the dressing room. I didn't care who heard or saw me. The wedding was 2 days away . I went home & found Tommy on the back porch, drinking beer. I joined him.

"Jasmine it's 2 days away"

I sighed.

"Yes, I know".