47. She's too young!

Everyone left the party. We couldn't believe what just happened. Kiyah is engaged. Tommy was so furious. I told him to calm down before his has a brain aneurysm or burst a blood vessel. Kiyah& DeAndre was standing outside kissing. Tommy yelled.

"JaKiyah inside now"!!

DeAndre left.

Tommy: what the hell do you think you're doing?

Kiyah: what do you mean daddy?

Tommy: accepting marriage proposals?

Kiyah: daddy technically I'm grown , I'm out of school, and I'm 18.

Tommy: oh yeah. You're grown? Well get your grown ass out of my house.

Kiyah: fine. I'll go stay with DeAndre.

Me: no baby wait please let's just all talk about this. I was crying.

Kiyah: no mama. He treats me like I'm 4 I can't stand it. I don't understand I have done everything right. Why is he so upset?

Tommy: oh yeah, letting some guy pop your cherry at 17 is something right huh? You're 18 you don't know shit about being married. And he do thinks he is? He didn't even ask us. What are we fuckin invisible? I'm not having.

Kiyah: it doesn't matter , I'm marrying him & it's nothing you can do about it. I love him!

Tommy: since you have so much faith in DeAndre, let him pay for college, house you. Get out!!

Me: Tommy stop that's enough!!! I yelled 

Kiyah: you will never let me have him!! She ran to her room.

Me : Tommy what the hell is wrong with you?

Tommy: she's 18 Jasmine she's engaged my baby is engaged. Why? He broke down

Me: Tommy she's an adult now we have to her make her own decisions. She's right.

Tommy: so you're okay with this?

Me: no not fully okay but she is grown Tommy all we can do is wish her the best . She's going to marry him rather we approve or not obviously. 

Tommy: I know!! Fuck I know!!. I should have never let her see him to begin with. he cried

Me: Tommy talk to me what's your fear?

Tommy: I don't want her to get her heart broken, marriage is hard hell we been married 13 years and we have problems. I just don't want her to get hurt that's my babygirl. I couldn't stand it. It's going to be hard for them. Then they are going to college. They're not ready Jasmine..

Me: Tommy that's for them to decide. Not us. All we can do is give them our blessings. 

Tommy: I'm not ready to let her go. She was just 4 like yesterday now she's 18. And engaged. And you know what's next right? Grandkids. Don't get me wrong . I would love them but is she ready? Because it's coming . Hell we had 6. And I hate to admit it but he loves her I saw it. I know that look. I felt the same way about you. 

Me: Tommy it's going to be okay. She's an adult.we have to let her make her own choices. We gotta let her grow up or she will shut us out of her life and I don't want that do you?

Tommy: of course not!! What are you saying?

Me: okay well calm down and be there for your daughter. She's going to need you Tommy. We have to learn to accept it and just pray that she will be okay. That's all we can do. I don't want her alloping. I wanna give her the proper wedding like I had. Don't you wanna give her that?

Tommy: yes... Yes I do . 

Me: don't you wanna be the one who gives her away? It would mean the world to her

Tommy: yes more than anything in the world. I love her I want her to he happy.

Me: well let's calm down & go talk to her. She's just as scared as we are.

Tommy: okay baby.. omg you always have the right words.. 

I smiled...