54. Terror in the Hanson Family

It's been a few weeks since we got back from the Carribean. I've been dreaming about my mother lately. I'm not gonna lie it's been creeping me the fuck out. I've been having the same dream for about a week now. In the dream, she's wearing a white dress, she's riding a white horse, she gets off the house & just stands there watching me, waiting. What did it mean? I didn't understand. Was she trying to warn me about something? I didn't tell Tommy about the dream, I didn't want to creep him out. I felt uneasy. It was something in the atmosphere, & it wasn't pleasant. The kids & Tommy were worried about me, saying I like looked sad, or I looked like something was bothering me. I would always tell them that I was fine, it was just stress from work. Honestly, I was lying. I was horrified, the dream, the weird feeling in the atmosphere, had me on edge. One night, I had the dream again... This time my mother spoke to me, "my sweet baby you're gonna have to be strong, stronger than you've ever been before, I'm so sorry". Then she disappeared. I woke up screaming. Tommy woke up, the kids ran in the room.

Tommy: honey, calm down it's a dream you're okay! He hugged & kissed me.

I was crying.

Tommy: babe was it a nightmare?

Me: yes, no... I don't know .. I'm okay, I'm okay.. the kids hugged me and went back to sleep.

Tommy held me and we laid back down. I wasn't okay. What did she mean? What was happening?

One night, we were sitting at the table eating dinner. At first everything was fine. Tommy was talking to Harmony & Josiah, so was I. We were laughing. Then, all of a sudden, Tommy's eyes were stuck, he held his chest, he was coughing, he fell out of the chair. Josiah grabbed him. Me & Harmony helped him. We all were crying.

"Omg Tommy, Tommy,"!! He was unresponsive.

"Call the ambulance now"!!!

I left with Tommy. I told the kids to call their siblings, call Judy, & Penhall. Meet us at the hospital. They were crying hysterically screaming " daddy, daddy"!! On the way to the hospital, I stared at Tommy, he looked different than last time, I couldn't cry, I wanted to but the tears wouldn't come . I couldn't believe this was happening, yet again. My heart was so heavy, I felt so uneasy, I was in so much pain. We made it to the hospital. They took Tommy to the back. I slid down to the floor, I just sat there staring. I felt like I couldn't breathe. My husband.. my kids father, my best friend. Just then Judy, Booker, Penhall, Zach, Kiyah, Josiah, & Harmony ran up too me. They all hugged me. They were crying. I just sat there.

Judy: honey, are you okay? What are they saying?

Me: they haven't said anything..omg Judy why aren't they talking? I started to hit the wall. They all calmed me down.

We all sat around waiting. Then the Dr came..

Dr: Mrs Hanson?

Me: yes? Where is my husband?

Dr: he just came out of surgery, Mrs Hanson please sit down. My heart sunk .

Me: no Fuck that , where is my husband? Tell me? ..I started walking down the hall opening doors. I screamed "Tommy, Tommy."!! Where is my husband"!?!? The Dr came and got me. He hugged me. I broke down..

Dr: Mrs Hanson, your husband is stable, for now. He had a massive heart attack, I'm afraid he's going to need a new heart. His is much too weak.

Me: okay, well this is a hospital right? Go fuckin get him one!! I was hysterically crying.

Dr: Mrs Hanson please calm down, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way, he's going to have to go on the waiting list for a transplant.

Me: what the fuck? A waiting list? He isn't applying for a apartment, he needs a fuckin HEART!! WHAT KIND OF HOSPITAL IS THIS?? WHAT ABOUT THE PACEMAKER?

Dr: well I tried to get him to get one months ago, he declined remember, I'm afraid now it's to late for that, it's not going to help. He needs a heart transplant.

I was crying. So were the kids, Judy, Booker & Penhall..

Me: so what are you saying? That if my husband can't get a heart in time.. he's going to die?

He looked at me with the look of sorrow, & sympathy.

Dr: yes ma'am, I'm afraid so. I'm so sorry .

Me: omg, omg, omg.. I was crying,I couldn't breathe.

Me: omg Tommy, my husband could die. Omg !! There has to be something I can do".

I started walking up to the nurses desk screaming.

"EXCUSE ME LADY, GET ON THE PHONE, & FIND MY HUSBAND A FUCKIN HEART"!! PLEASE DONT LET HIM DIE!! I CAN'T LOOSE MY HUSBAND, PLEASE "!!! OMG"!!

Judy came and got me, once again I started fighting, like a tantrum, just like I did at my momma's funeral. They all had to calm me down. They sat me down. I was hysterical.

"OMG MY HUSBAND? MY HUSBAND? MY BABY"!! I CAN'T LOOSE HIM" PLEASE GOD, NO!!" I screamed throughout the whole hospital.