Chapter 16:- Mehandi and Sangeet

Everyone was ready in green dresses and suits as it was the function of mehndi. Everyone was laughing and giggling. The mehndi girls arrived. They were first applying mehndi on Roohi and Natasha's hands. Meanwhile, Veer was helping everyone in setting up some stuff. Natasha was watching him and admiring how cute he was looking while doing everything. The mehndi girls started to comment on him.

Girl 1: "See how helpful that guy is. He is helping everyone around."

Girl 2: "You are correct. How can someone be so hot and cute at the same time?"

Girl 1: "Exactly, I wish I had a husband like him."

Girl 2: "I am going to ask for his number after the function."

Girl 1: "If you get it, please give it to me too."

Girl 2: "Okay, I will."

Natasha was listening carefully to their conversation and was feeling somewhat jealous. Despite the circumstances, he was going to be her husband. She did not like this fact. Natasha then speaks to the mehndi girls.

Natasha: "Hey ladies, do you know who that guy is?

After a few minutes, Veer came to Natasha. The mehndi girls were continuously looking at him.

Girl 1: Madam, aapke haath pe kya naam likhna hai?

Veer: You write Veer on her hand.

Girl 2: It is a very beautiful name.

Natasha: Thank you.

Girl 2 facing towards Veer.

Girl 2: And what is your name?

Natasha (sarcastically): Yeh hi mera hone wala pati hai, Veer.

Veer was shocked to see Natasha's behavior. The girls were also equally shocked.

Girl 1: Sorry ma'am, we didn't know that.

Natasha: It's alright.

Some lady called Veer for help, so he left the scene. After a few minutes, Natasha was thirsty and feeling hungry. She wanted to drink something and have some food, but all the ladies were applying henna. Veer saw Natasha upset and approached her.

Veer: What happened? Why are you so upset?

Natasha: Nothing, I was hungry and thirsty, but everyone is applying henna, so I was a little upset.

Veer: That's it, let me feed you. What will you have?

Natasha: Have you lost it? People will gossip about us.

Veer: So, I am going to be the husband. I can officially feed you. Now tell me, what will you have?

Natasha: I will have orange juice and some fruits.

Veer: Okay, I'll bring it for you.

Veer brought her what she asked him to bring. He started feeding her. Natasha was constantly looking at him. She was happy that her future husband is so caring and cares about her. Some aunties saw it.

Aunty 1: Shaadi se pehle hi chora ka ghulam ban gaya, shaadi ke baad kya hoga?

Aunty 2: Haan haan, dekho humara pati toh hume aaj bhi nahi khilata aur yeh abhi se shuru ho gaya.

Veer: Aunty, pehli baat, helping your wife is not being her ghulam. And secondly, I care about my future wifey, so I won't tolerate your tantrums.

Natasha was happy seeing Veer supporting her. This scenario was noticed by none. After a couple of minutes, Vikas and Veer were asked to write their wife's name, but Vikas showed tantrums doing so. Roohi was shocked to see that but ignored.

At night, all the ladies were ready for the ladies' sangeet. No man was allowed to enter the room. Vikas was getting restless as he wanted to see how Roohi was looking, and the same scenario was with Veer. He also wanted to see how Natasha was looking.

At night, all the ladies were ready for the lady sangeet. No man was allowed to enter the room. Vikas was getting restless as he wanted to see how Roohi was looking, and the same scenario was with Veer. He also wanted to see how Natasha was looking. Both of them decided on a plan.

Everybody was enjoying inside the hall. All the ladies were dancing and having fun. They had called some dancers who entered the room. Gayatri got alerted when she saw them.

Woman 1: Bhai, how does a girl wear this? It is so uncomfortable.

Woman 2: Veer, you are absolutely right. I also don't know.

Yes, they were none other than Veer and Vikas. They dressed as ladies to attend the function. Badi maa saw them and caught their ears.

Badi maa: Tell me, what are you doing here?

Veer: I came to meet Roohi.

Badi maa: And Vikas, what about you?

Vikas: I came to meet Natasha.

Badi maa: I know whom you both came to meet. Just go from here as no men are allowed.

Veer and Vikas left the hall with disappointment. At end of lady sangeet everyone was really happy and enjoying. The day went peacefully with no problems.

Words:- 797