Chapter 22:- Unspoken Truth and Divorce

Next day, Roohi was applying makeup on the spots that were visible and had marks of violence. She didn't want to tell family members about it. Just then, Natasha entered her room and saw her applying makeup.

Natasha's POV:

Usually, no, most of the time, Di doesn't put makeup on her face. She puts makeup only when it's a function or a special occasion. But what's the need to apply makeup today? I think something is weird here.

Natasha's POV ends.

Natasha: Di, you are applying makeup. Is something special today?

Roohi (scared): Nothing, Natasha, it's a small party at the office, so just for that.

Natasha half-heartedly agreed.

They were about to go to the office when Vikas stopped Roohi.

Roohi: Vikas, not right now. We will talk in the room.

Vikas (angrily): I told you that you need to work. Don't you understand that?

Everyone was shocked to see this side of Vikas.

Veer: Bhai, what are you saying? Roohi bhabhi is excellent at work, so why won't she work?

Aaru: Exactly, bhai, each and every girl should be independent in their life's.

Badi Maa, Akash, and Rina were scared as the past was just about to come in front of everyone.

Vikas: I don't care; she won't work outside.

Roohi: Vikas, we talk in the room.

Hearing this, Vikas was about to raise his hand on Roohi, but Anand held it and slapped Vikas right there.

Vikas: Why did you hit me, Papa, for this girl?

Anand: She is my daughter, and I will break your legs if you touch her again. Now I get the point why Meenu left you.

Natasha: Wait a second, who is this Meenu, Papa?

Rina: Vikas's first wife.

Roohi: Then why did Vikas tell me that he loved me for a long time?

Badi Maa: Because he was attracted to you and wanted to marry you.

Veer (angrily): And where is Meenu?

Akash, out of rage, said that she is dead and she was killed by Vikas. Roohi, Natasha, Veer, Anand, and Aarohi were shocked to the core.

(Remember the chapter "Haldi" where they were hiding something, so it is that.)

Anand: What are you saying?

Badi Maa: That's true, he killed her.

Natasha: But why did Vikas kill her? I can't believe I made such a man my brother.

Rina: He killed her because he saw her with a boy. He thought that she was cheating on him. As time passed, their fights grew bigger and bigger. When Anand went on a business trip, the fight escalated, and Vikas killed her.

All were shocked to their core and couldn't believe that about Vikas.

Roohi: I need a divorce, and I will definitely send you to jail.

Vikas: You won't be able to. I have a lot of money.

Aarohi: Don't worry, bhai. I will handle her case. I am one of the best lawyers. No one will be able to beat me. Let's meet in the court now.

Natasha told everything to Gayatri and Vijay. They were also shocked hearing that. They came and took Roohi with them as they didn't wanted to create more trouble.

Today was the day of the hearing. Aarohi and the other lawyer both presented their views. And at last, the judge made a statement against Vikas. Vikas was jailed for 15 years. Roohi and Vikas' divorce was finalized.

Everyone knew that Roohi was broken, so they decided to send her somewhere. Roohi went to London for her further education and decided to work hard to forget her past.

Roohi's POV:

Natasha mentioned something weird before the wedding, but I was in love. Love is blind. Today, I have realized it myself. But in all this, I also realized that I was like a daughter to Anand Malhotra. Veer and Aaru were protective towards me like a sister. I am blessed to have such beautiful people.

Roohi's POV end.

**************************************

Natasha saw Veer standing on the balcony. She went towards him and handed him a cup of coffee.

Natasha: I know how you are feeling right now, but we can't do anything about it.

Veer: I know, but he was my brother after all.

Natasha leaned her shoulder towards him, and he cried. Natasha consoled him, and they both fell asleep on the balcony without realizing it.

In the morning, when Veer woke up, he saw Natasha hugging him. He noticed a hair strand bothering her, so he moved it behind her ear. He picked her up in a bridal style to place her on the bed, but halfway through, Natasha's eyes opened.

Natasha: Hey, why am I in your arms?

Veer: You were sleeping outside, so I decided to move you to the bed so you could sleep peacefully.

Natasha: Oh, thank you for thinking of me so much.

Veer: No problem, madam. If you need any more help, I could even help you take a bath if you want.

Natasha: Just shut up and get ready. I also need to get ready.

Veer: Okay, sweetheart.

Natasha: What did you call me?

Veer: What you heard.

Words:- 853