Book Four-9

When Yuki opened the book, she saw that the first page had writing on it, she knew the writing to be that of the male she now knew as her uncle. 

|To my beloved niece, I know that I have treated you like shit since the moment you could remember. All of the times I've placed my aggression on you has not been because you had done anything wrong. I know I can never apologize to you face to face for the things that I've done to you. This book is the only book of Photos that you'll find among the things here that I have left behind. I knew the moment that I held you in my arms when your mother had left you at the door steps that you were my baby sisters child. 

From the look in your golden eyes to the roundness of your baby face. I just knew who you were. It was why I allowed you to do so much that I didn't allow the others to do. I didn't want to be the one to tell you that we were related, I didn't have to heart to do such a thing. I hope the moment you open this book you realize just how much you truly meant to me. If I made you have trust issues and less of a spine in the future, I do apologize. You mean much to me and I wished I could have been a better provider for you.

This book shows just how much I have cherished the time that I've had to see you grow up, I hope in due time that you spread those beautiful wings of yours and learn to love and be with someone who cares and loves you as much as your mother had. Your mother IS alive, she's just in hiding. Please don't hate her for giving you up, it wasn't on her that it happened. She didn't want you to end up like the man who had raped her to get her pregnant with you. Your mother never once hated you, your mother loved you it is why you lived in this house and why you were given to me instead of one of her other siblings she could have easily gone to.

I know I didn't make your memories here easy, Yuki. But you have always been cherished in my heart until the day I died.|

Yuki placed her hands over the words before she let out a sigh. "He has a shit way of showing he 'cared' for me." Yuki said before she flipped the page

She then moved closer to Tokiya so he could see her childhood pictures. Tokiya got to see just how she looked before she had gotten the scars on her face and before she had gotten her quirk. On one of the pages there was a CD that was tapped to it which confused Yuki a lot. "What the heck is this?"

She got the CD out of it's sleeve before she read what was on it. 'Yuki's year five concert' . Yuki furrowed her eyebrows as she placed it back. "I swore he wasn't at that thing...I had to fly home that night."

She then shook her head and flipped the page and she saw that he actually took pictures of her in middle school and in her UA high school uniform. The last picture that was taken was the day she had left the orphanage. She hadn't realized that her uncle was tearing up in the picture-as if he knew that it would be the last time that they saw one another. On the last page there was a hand written letter that had been addressed to her uncle by her mother. 

|Dearest brother,

I know that I shouldn't have given up my precious girl Yuki, but I cannot take care of her right now. I should have listened to you and stayed with my friend that night that I had been jumped and raped. I should have known better than to think that I'd be okay to walk on the streets all on my own. I hope that you've been treating my precious daughter well enough, that she at least knows that she is loved by me. I want to one day find my girl and hopefully reunite with her in someway.

With her I did leave my locket with a picture of myself in it. I wish for you to give it to her when you think she is ready to have it.  The address that I have mailed this from is where I'll be staying from here on out, if I end up moving my location you'll be the first to know. 

Your loving baby sister|

Yuki's eyes lit up seeing what was written. She then looked up at Tokiya. "D-Do you mind if we go to this address? I...I'd like to see if my mother is still at this address."

"Of course, you deserve to get closure from your mother. What's the address?"

She gave him the address and the two of them left out with the book after saying goodbye to the elder children and Emma. Once they were on the side walk Yuki held the book close to her chest. "M-My mother I hope is still alive. I...I thought all this time that she was gone, that she had left me to rot in that place...not that it was a safety measure to keep me from my father."

"Aren't you glad that I had urged you to go back there?" Tokiya asked with a smile

She quickly nodded her head as she smiled up at him. "Yes, thank you Tokiya."