To Top a Totem

The sun was shining at Professor Kukui's house. Ash and Pikachu were snoring away as Meeko rolled to her side on the floor beside Hayley's bed.

Narrator: After moving to Alola, Ash and Hayley enrolled in the Pokémon school, where the siblings, Pikachu and Meeko have met many new friends and Pokémon.

Hayley, rubbing her eye, grumbling as she came up the ladder to the loft.

Narrator: I wondered where you went off to.

Hayley: Morning.

Narrator: They're learning new things and having exciting new adventures every day!

Ash groaned for a bit on the couch as he starts to wake up and looked down at the Z-rings on both his wrist and Hayley's. He then remembers how they both used the Z-Crystals when they were battling Tapu Koko.

[Flashback]

"Go! Pikachu!" shouted Ash.

"Go! Meeko!" shouted Hayley.

"Here we go! Full power now!" shouted the siblings, once the attacks left Pikachu and Meeko.

"Pika!"

"Lucar!"

Both attacks hit Tapu Koko, and the Z-Crystals disappeared from their rings.

[Flashback ends]

"Morning, Ashy." said Hayley, yawning as she reached the loft.

"Morning, Hayley." replied Ash.

"Pika. Cario." said Pikachu and Meeko as Rotom wakes up.

"Morning! Right on schedule. Time to wake up." said Rotom, then turns to see Ash already sitting up. "Ash! You're already awake! What have you done with the Ash who sleeps late?"

"Good question." said Hayley, gently shaking Meeko awake. "He's never woken up on time before. This is the first time that he's ever done it."

"I can't wait until I can use a Z-move again, which means I'm going to have to get myself a Z-Crystal!" said Ash in excitement.

"I can't wait either." said Hayley.

"Pika." said Pikachu, still asleep and snoring away.

"Lu...(yawn) cario..." said Meeko, waking up and stretches her arms.

"A Z-Crystal?" asked Kukui as Ash and Hayley brought their dishes over to him.

"Yeah, both Hayley and I want to get a whole lot stronger and then have a rematch with Tapu Koko." said Ash.

"Hm." said Kukui, taking both bowls.

"I want to try those Z-moves again. Yeah!" said Ash as he looks at his sister, Meeko and Pikachu. "Right, guys?"

"You bet!" said Hayley.

"Lucario." said Meeko.

"Pika! Pika!" said Pikachu, raising his arm with his stomach bulging out.

"Pikachu! You and your little Pika tummy." giggled Hayley, looking at the somewhat overweight mouse.

"We have a pudgy Pikachu, Alola edition." giggled Meeko, poking Pikachu's pudgy stomach.

"Pikachu." Pikachu said to Meeko and Hayley.

"We still love you though." said Hayley.

"You're both fired up as if hit by a Blast Burn!" said the Professor.

"I remember you can earn Z-Crystals by going through the island challenge. Isn't that right?" asked Ash.

"It isn't the only way, but going through the island challenge is the most certain way!" Kukui said, placing a glass of milk in front of them. "The key to success is to pass the grand trial of each of the islands' kahunas."