Rocking Clawmark Hill

"Pika! Pika! Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu as night fell on Melemele island. "Pi! Pika-pi! Pika! Pika!"

"Lucario! Cario! Cario!" Meeko shouted at the mouse who ran up the front porch steps.

"No fair, Ash!" shouted Hayley.

"It is so fair, Hayley!" said Ash. "You'll just have to run a little bit faster next time."

"Argh!" grumbled Hayley, stomping her foot. "You have longer legs than I do!"

"Pikachu! Lucario!"

"We're home!" Ash called out as he, Hayley and Kukui went inside. "Huh? Hey, Rockruff?"

"Pika?" Pikachu called out.

"Where are you?" Meeko calling out as well.

"Hm? Maybe Rockruff went out." suggested Rotom.

"To use the bathroom, maybe." said Hayley.

"Hold on, you two. Your backpacks." said Professor Kukui, just as Ash sets his down and helps Hayley with hers.

"Yeah, almost forgot!" said Ash as he and Hayley went up to the loft. Pikachu heads towards the small door.

"Pikachu?" asked Pikachu when suddenly, he was knocked back. "Pika! (groans) Pi? Pika?"

"Lucari?" asked Meeko as she and Pikachu watched Rockruff walk in, limping.

"Hey! There you are, Rockruff. Huh?" said Ash, taking a good look at Rockruff.

"What the what?!" shouted Hayley as Rockruff barked and whimpers at them.

"Hey, what happened to you?" Ash asked Rockruff, running over to the Pokémon. "Oh!"

"What did you do to yourself, Rockruff?" asked Hayley, gently picking it up.

"Let me see. Scrapes, claw marks, scratch marks." said Rotom, taking a closer look at Rockruff. "It even has burns!"

"Cario!" said Meeko, scolding Rockruff as she picks it up. "Lucar, Lucar, Lucar!"

"Ruff, Ruff!" said Rockruff, sadly.

"Come on." said Kukui, holding out his hand for Rockruff's paw. "Show me." Rockruff whimpers as it gives Kukui its paw. "It's going to sting a little."

Just as he sprays on the medicine, Rockruff shivers and whimpers as it feels the sting on its burn. "Pika-pika!" Pikachu said to Rockruff, trying to calm it down.

"You think maybe Rockruff was in a fight?" asked Ash.

"If it was, then it must have been a good fight." said Hayley as Kukui takes Rockruff out of her arms.

"I told you. You were supposed to stay in the house while we were gone." Kukui said to Rockruff, who tears up. Rolling up hill and towards the bank, Komala yawns as it knocks itself into the water, creating a huge splash.

"That's what happened." said Ash as he and Hayley finished explained to the others about Rockruff.

"But if it is an ongoing problem, then why doesn't Professor Kukui makes sure Rockruff stay inside its Pokeball?" Lillie asked.

"Yeah, about that....." said Hayley, scratching her head.

"See, Rockruff isn't really the professor's Pokémon." said Ash.

"Huh?"

"It isn't?" asked Mallow.

"That's what he said. One day Rockruff just followed him back home after he gave it some Pokémon food." he tells her.