Getting the Band Back Together!

Fireworks blasted off into the sky as a concert was about to start. "Pika!" squealed Pikachu.

"Awesome." said Ash.

"Hmm..." said Meeko.

"I wonder..." said Hayley as she and Meeko tilt their heads to the side as they looked at the poster on the wall.

"Rockruff." barked Rockruff.

"Sounds like the excitement's building." said Kukui as he walks up with Kiawe and Mimo.

"Oh, boy! My first concert!" said Mimo, looking at the gathering crowd.

"Hey Mimo." said Hayley as she quickly runs over to her.

"Hayley!" said Mimo. "Hi Meeko."

"Lucario!" said Meeko, running over and gives her a long hug, causing Mimo to giggle.

"Just make sure you and Hayley don't wander off." Kiawe said to them as Mallow and Sophocles walked up in wigs.

"Been waiting long?" Mallow asked.

"Alola." said Sophocles.

"Alola." said Ash and Hayley as they gasped with Kiawe to see their friends' hair.

"What? What's the deal?" asked Ash.

"The deal?" asked Sophocles, then pulls off the wig. "Oh, this. It's just a wig."

"Everyone wears one to a Dug-Leo concert. It's what you do." Mallow explained.

"Dug-Leo, huh?" said Ash, then looks back at the poster. "That's who's playing here?"

"Yup! Dugtrio and DJ Leo. Dug-Leo for short!" added Mallow.

"That's one interesting looking Dugtrio." said Hayley.

"Are they wearing wigs?" asked Ash.

"No, it's all real." said Rotom.

"Mm." said the siblings.

"Dugtrio, Alola Form, the Mole Pokémon, a Ground and Steel type." said Rotom. "They are revered in Alola as the reincarnation of a planet guardian and its siblings. Its golden hair provides protection."

"That's really its hair?" asked Ash and Hayley, shocked.

"Pika. Lucar." said Pikachu and Meeko.

"As natural as can be and this is an Alolan Diglett." said Rotom, pulling up Diglett.

"Wow. It looks like it has three whiskers." said Ash.

"That would put Meowth to shame." said Hayley.

"Cario. Lucario." said Meeko.

"And Ash, Hayley, look over here!" said Mallow, running up to the poster to point out each Dugtrio. "The one with the long hair is Jessica. Ashley wears the bob cut and Michael's got the perm."

"And that cool guy's DJ Leo." added Sophocles.

"Cool." said Hayley.

"I get it!" said Mimo. "So everyone's dressing up to look like their favorite Dugtrio, then!"

"Makes perfect sense to me." said Jordan.

"You can see, Michael's my fave rave." said Kukui, wearing a perm wig.

"Oh my." said Hayley, going in shock as she sees Kukui wearing a wig. "I will never unsee this. Ever."

"Lucario." Meeko said in agreement.

"You're a fan?" asked Ash.

"You could put it that way." chuckled Kukui.

"Why don't you try a wig?" Sophocles asked the others.