Racing to a Big Event!

The sun was shining outside of Mallow's restaurant as Ash, Hayley, Pikachu and Meeko watched Mallow and Bounsweet work on something. "Huh?" said Rotom.

Narrator: Bounsweet's behavior is very strange. What is it doing? What's going on here?

Hayley: Good question.

Meeko, tilting her head in confusion: Cario....

"Way to go, Bounsweet." cheered Mallow.

"Oh! Bounsweet." said Bounsweet, accidentally trips and catches the food. "Bounsweet."

Narrator: It seems our heroes have no idea what Bounsweet is doing either.

"Do you have any idea what Bounsweet's up to?" asked Rotom.

"I don't know, Rotom. I'm too scared to ask." said Hayley.

"Beats me." said Ash. "Mallow!"

"Not now! We're concentrating!" snapped Mallow.

"Ugh! Right!" said Ash as Hayley grabs her brother around his waist.

"Wow, she became scary." said Hayley.

"Pika. Cario."

"Now, that's the spirit, Bounsweet!" said Mallow. "All right, full speed!"

"Bounsweet!" said Bounsweet as she tries to go a little faster down the road.

"Wow!" said Mallow, clicking the stop watch in her hand. "And you did it all in great time!"

"Bounsweet." said Bounsweet, smiling at her trainer.

"If we keep training every day until the race, your time will get even quicker!" Mallow said to Bounsweet.

"Bounsweet! Bounsweet!" said Bounsweet, taking flight off the ground.

"Did you say race?" asked Ash.

"Can you clue us in, please?" asked Hayley.

"Yeah." said Meeko, confused as well.

"That's right. I guess you wouldn't know about it." said Mallow. "It's a Melemele tradition. The Pokémon pancake race."

"The Pokémon pancake race?" asked Ash and Hayley.

"Lucario?" asked Meeko, looking down at Pikachu who shrugged up at her.

"I've never heard of it." said Rotom.

"I know!" said Mallow. "Why don't the two of you join in all the fun? Anyone can participate. The rules are simple and I know you'll have fun!"

"Hey, maybe I'll give it a shot!" said Ash.

"I don't know." said Hayley, looking down at Meeko. "Meeko packs in a lot of food and there are days when she gets really heavy."

"You're telling me that I'm actually fat? I'm not that heavy and you know it." said Meeko, looking at her body weight.

"Come on, Hayley. You'll have a lot of fun." Ash said.

"Please, Hayley." said Mallow.

"Okay, but Ash and Pikachu have to make sure that we don't get left behind in the dust." said Hayley pointing to her brother and his Pokémon.

"Lucario." said Meeko.

"Great! The day of the race is like a giant festival." said Mallow.

"Pika! Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Lucario!" said Meeko. In the city, Kukui, Hayley and Ash exited the store with bags in their arms. "Let's see. I guess we've gotten enough for a while." said Kukui.