Crystal-Clear Sleuthing!

A crime-drama was playing on tv inside of Kukui's house. "The culprit in this case is exceptionally cunning, indeed." said the detective. "To avoid suspicion, the culprit made Mr. Makani hide his treasure, the Princess Tear, himself."

"What?" asked Mrs. Makani. "My husband hid the Princess Tear himself?"

"Ma'am, your husband was coerced into doing so without realizing it." said the detective, with a Smeargle by his side. "Afterwards, he just disappeared into thin air, just like he was told to."

"You keep repeating culprit." said the chauffer. "Just who are you saying this culprit actually is?"

"Great question!" said the detective. Gathered around the popcorn, Ash, Jordan and their Pokémon took handfuls as they watched the show.

Narrator: What's this? It looks like everyone's watching TV together. This is an extremely popular program in the Alola region, Alolan Detective Laki.

Hayley, head in her hands: Its Rotom's favorite TV program and I'm already bored out of my mind.

"If you want to know who I think did it....it's this fellow, no doubt in my mind!" said Rotom, pointing to the chauffer.

"I'm not so sure." said Kukui, chuckling. "I believe that its Makani's wife."

"Really?" asked Rotom, floating over to the Professor. "I must say that's a bold guess."

"I'd say you're hooked on Laki too." Kukui said to Rotom.

"It's a good show. Why not?" said Rotom, causing both Pokedex and Professor to giggle at each other.

"Mm. Hey, what's with the hair?" asked Ash and Hayley.

"Pika? Lucar?" asked Pikachu and Meeko.

"Great question! You see, it's part of my Laki dress up kit!" answered Rotom. "The professor bought it for me and with seven detective tools, it's a super-duper deal!"

"Seeing you wear a wig is freaking me out." said Hayley, before placing a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"Not only is it freaking me out....it's just plain weird." said Meeko.

"Wigs never freaked you out before." said Ash.

"That's because it was normally Team Rocket who wore the wigs......and those crazy disguises." Hayley pointed out. "Not us or the Pokedex."

"You got me on that, sis." said Ash.

"Lucario." said Meeko.

"That's because you know that I'm right." said Hayley as Meeko eats some popcorn.

"Don't worry, Hayley." said Kukui. "Rotom will keep the wig wearing to a minimum."

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, touching Rotom's wig.

"Thanks, Professor Kukui." said Hayley.

"The culprit is the only one who knows where the Princess Tear is hidden." said Laki, walking to one side of the room. "However, the culprit hasn't realized I know where its hidden as well." Everyone in the room was shocked at Laki's statement.

"Who's the culprit of this case?" Laki asked, then points to the suspect. "Why, it's you. You heard me. It's you, doctor." The others gasped as Kukui and Rotom did. "Incredible." they said, shocked.

"You suspect me?" the doctor asked. "Nonsense! I demand to see the proof!"

"Happy to oblige, Doctor." Laki said, calmly as he walks over to the doll, picking it up off of the shelf. "The proof is in this Sableye doll."