Mounting an Electrifying Charge

"Let's go!" shouted the racer kid in the commercial Sophocles was showing Ash and Kiawe.

"In stores now! The type three kit!" said the announcer.

"This will put you way ahead of your rival!" said the kid.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Whats that?" asked Ash as the commercial ended. "They're really cool."

"Aren't they?" Sophocles asked. "They're called Charjabug racers!"

"Charjabug Racers?" asked Ash.

"Never heard of them." said Kiawe.

"You're putting Charjabug in a race?" asked Hayley, amused at this as she sat with the girls.

"Yep. Charjabug Racers use electricity generated by Charjabug as their energy source." said Sophocles, typing away at his laptop. "Who would have thought energy from a Charjabug would allow a racer to go so fast?"

"Amazing." said Kiawe.

"And they put on a huge race every year!" said Sophocles, showing them the end of the race.

"Sounds like fun." said Ash.

"Sure does." said Kiawe.

"Really? Are you interested?" asked Sophocles. "I've wanted to enter a Charjabug race forever, but you can't unless you have a team of three. Please? Will you two enter the race with me?"

"I'd love to join your race team." said Ash.

"All right! You, too?" Sophocles asked Kiawe.

"I'll do it. One thing....." said Kiawe as Ash and Sophocles faced him. "If we're to be part of this venture, there is only one goal: Victory!"

"Victory?" asked Sophocles and Ash.

"Isn't that great, Charjabug?" Sophocles asked the battery Pokémon. "We've got ourselves a team."

"Charja!" said Charjabug, nodding as all three boys put their hands in.

"Victory all the way! Yeah!" all three boys shouted as fire surrounds them.

"It's so hot....Don't you think its hot today?" Mallow asked as she fans herself.

"I don't think it's the weather." said Lana as she and Hayley look over at the boys.

"I blame the boys for this one." said Hayley, glaring at them.

"Lucar." said Meeko, panting.

"Yeah!" shouted the boys.

"Vul..." said Snowy, worried that they would burn down the classroom.

"Oh, them..." said Mallow as Snowy runs over to the boys.

"Hey, Snowy." Lillie called after her.

"Oh, yeah!" said the boys.

"Vul!" screamed Snowy, using Powder Snow on them, freezing them in ice.

"Thank you, Snowy. You're the best." said Hayley, walking up behind her as the other girls sighed. "I swear, you guys could have burnt down the classroom. Maybe even the whole school if you kept that up."

Narrator: Now that Ash and Kiawe are entering the Charjabug race with Sophocles, they're diving head first into training! What will you and Meeko do, Hayley?

Hayley: I'm going to be supportive in all of this. Besides, Kukui doesn't want me to walk home by myself.

Narrator: Smart man.

"Look at this!" said Sophocles, holding up the car Charjabug will be in. "I just picked up the Type Three kit!"

"So, let's see how fast that thing goes!" said Ash.