Rising from the Ruins

The moon shines brightly over the Akala Pokémon center as everyone sleeps in their rooms.

Narrator: Following Ash and Hayley's trial with Olivia, the Island Kahuna, our heroes are sound asleep, resting up before their trip back home tomorrow.

The door opens and Meeko appears, looking at a snoring Ash and a sleeping Pikachu.

Narrator: How's Hayley doing tonight?

Meeko, looking up at the Narrator: Lucar, Lucario.

On the couch, Rowlet snores away next to Pikachu as Rockruff couldn't fall asleep. It was thinking about the grand trial and how it hurt Rowlet by pushing it into the ground.

[Flashback]

"Rowlet, Rowlet!" said Ash, picking up Rowlet as it trills softly.

[Flashback ends]

Rockruff then looks over at Rowlet, who slept away. It then jumps off the couch, trying to open the door when Pikachu wakes up to its barking. "Pika?" asked a sleepy Pikachu, taking a look at the other end of the couch. "Pika?"

Pikachu runs over to Ash. "Pika! Pika!" said Pikachu, shaking him awake.

"Hey, Pikachu. Whats up?" asked Ash.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, pointing over to the couch as Ash grunts and wipes the sleep away.

"Huh?" said Ash, bleary eyed.

"Pika! Pika!" Pikachu tells him, letting him know that Rockruff was gone.

"Huh? Rockruff?" Ash asked.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, pointing out the door.

"Rockruff!" said Ash, now scared for his Pokémon. Out under the moon lit sky, Tapu Lele started to trill until she heard something below her. Rockruff was on its own, aiming its Rock Throw at the side of a cliff, creating rocks to be thrown at itself to practice with.

Tape Lele laughs at Rockruff's training and head towards it. Just as Rockruff was about to send out another Rock Throw, it gave a puzzled bark when rocks fell from the forest line.

Tapu Lele squeals as it gets closer to Rockruff, chuckling that it was training all by itself without Ash. Rockruff whines as it backs way from the Akala Island guardian. Tapu Lele trills as it uses Psychic Terrain around their battle field, causing Rockruff to become angry and growl at the Island Guardian. Tapu Lele laughs, thinking that its growl is cute.

Rockruff jumps up towards Tapu Lele, who dodges the attack and raised its hand to deflect the puppy. Tapu Lele dodges Rockruff again, laughing as she does so. Rockruff uses Rock Throw on Tapu Lele, who giggles before surrounding herself with a glow. It takes in Rock Throw, causing Tapu Lele to attack in full strength at Rockruff.

Rockruff struggles to get up as Tapu Lele laughs at its pain while attacking. "Rockruff! Come here!" Ash shouted into the night.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"Rockruff, where are you!" shouted Hayley.

"Lucario!" said Meeko.

"Rockruff!" shouted Ash and Hayley.

"Huh?" said Tapu Lele then disappears into the night.

"Rockruff! Where are you?" shouted Ash as he and Hayley ran up.

"Ash." said Hayley, pointing to the puppy in front of them.

"Huh? Oh, no!" he said and runs over to pick it up. "Rockruff! Are you okay? You're scratched all over!"