Insomniac... P2

This is about Leah's insomniac self kicking in, but at a great time. Enjoy! I got A LOT of inspiration from @4madsxx at the end of this story!

*Leah's POV*
I got dressed extremely slow today. When I was done Walker came to my door and did his special knock. That was my special knock, right? Anyways, I opened the door and gave him a big hug. We went to go get breakfast. "What do you want to eat?" I asked him as we were walking to the door, waiting for my mom to pick us up. "Um, where do you want to eat?" He said with a smirk. "Walker, can you just answer the question?" I said putting my eyebrows and shoulders down. "Fine. I don't know." He said with raising his eyebrows and crossing his arms. "Man! I ain't got time for you." I said turning around to look outside the door. "Leah, I was just playing, darling." He said gently grabbing my arm and turning me around to face him. I smiled. "Is Bojangles good?" I said smiling back. "It's perfect." He said putting his hand on my cheek. I kissed him and my mom came and got us.

When we were waiting behind set, I was practicing my lines with Walker. We tried it without paper "Annabeth, you can't just kill a monster like that." He said acting like he was worried. "I know that's what you think but... Dang it!" I forgot my lines again. Walker jumped out of his acting and put his hand on my neck. "I think, you need to go to sleep." He said as he moved his hand to my head. "You're feeling a bit hot too, Sava." I think my insomnia was worse than I thought. "No, I'm fine." I said putting his arm down and smiling. He gave me a 'if that's what you say' smile. Luckily, when I got on set, I didn't forget my lines. I actually did good, surprisingly.

When I got to school, I had trouble focusing. "Leah, are you okay?" My teacher asked me. "Oh! Yes, sorry ma'am. I think... I think I had... Yes. I'm good." I was going to tell her I had insomnia last night.l but, I didn't want to worry her about it. I was about to go back on set when I hit my pencil pouch. I tried to catch it but, I was way too slow. Good thing my teacher wasn't looking.

I finished a scene and when it was time to film another one, a gush of sickness came over me. I sat down and called Walker over. "Hey, Lee Bee. What's wrong?" He said cuffing me in his arms. I sighed. He let go and, wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I got a headache all of a sudden." I said with a concerned voice. I wonder if these are signs of being insomniac or something.

*Walker's POV*
When Leah said she felt sick, I looked up 'what are the side effects of insomnia' and it said 'Sleep deficiency can interfere with work, school, driving, and social functioning. You might have trouble learning, focusing, and reacting. Also, you might find it hard to judge other people's emotions and reactions. Sleep deficiency also can make you feel frustrated, cranky, or worried in social situations.' That sounds exactly like Leah right now. She might need a day off. "It's okay. We'll figure this out, little Lee. I kissed her cheek and got up. I went to go tell Uncle Rick. "Hey, Rick. Uh, Leah probably doesn't want me telling you this but, she had insomnia last night and.... I think the like, side effects are getting to her. I was thinking... Could you maybe just, give her a break? Maybe to get some rest or something?" I know Leah's gonna hate me for telling Rick that but, I can't just let her go on about her day, feeling like this.

Thankfully, Rick is just so kind to her. "Yes, Walker. That's perfectly fine." He said with a smile. "Thank you, Uncle Rick." I said as I pat his shoulder and left. When I came back, Leah has her head cuffed in her hands. "Hey, Leah. You wanna go back to the hotel?" I asked her softly as I put my hand on her back. She picked her head up and nodded. "Ok. Come on." I said as I lifted her up like a toddler again. Charlie drove us back to the hotel. "Thanks Charlie." I said as I got Leah out of the truck. "You're welcome. Take care of each other." He said with a smile. "We will." I said closing the door with Leah's back. "Okay, baby girl. Let's go get you to sleep." I said going in the elevator. She was dozing off. When we got to her room, she was sleep. I gently lay her down and took off her shoes.

When I sat on the bed beside her, she whimpered. I turned around and she was taping her hand on the bed. "You want to lay beside you?" I said while turning around. Her eyes were still closed as she shook her head. Leah is very non-verbal when she's sick. It's still the cutest thing. I lay down beside her as be both fell asleep. I'm glad she can get her rest in now. She woke up and sighed as she turned around and wrapped her arm around my waist, as her other arm was under her head, and one leg was under her other leg that was top of my leg. This is what I call 'cuddles'. Sooooo relaxing.