Separate?

Walker and Leah hung out on a Friday, after school. They saw each other just last week, and had a party with a friend.

Walker and Leah slept together, with soft music playing on her tv.

Walker woke up to a call. Leah'a arm cuddled his head, making Walker wake up with a soft grin. He slowly got up to answer the phone.

He hung up after a while and went back to sleep since it was that type of morning.

(Time Skip)

"I have to go to an interview... Alone." Walker said sadly to Leah as he helped her with chores.

"It's okay, Walk." She said with a smile as she pat his cheek and got clothes out of the dryer.

Walker just sighed sadly.

Leah paused for a moment. "Walker... I think... Maybe it's just the wise me talking? I don't know." She said hesitantly as she slowly pulled the clothes out of the dryer.

"What is it, Baby Lee?" He asked her softly. "Do you think... We... Need a break from each other?" She asked sadly and slowly.

Walker thought about her question. "Leah. I think... Whatever you think is best, it is. I trust you and your holiness just... You know... What's best." He said sadly.

"I just don't-woah!" She exclaimed as she almost fell. Walker quickly caught her, and the clean clothes.

Leah sighed with regret, confusion, anger, and sadness all at the same time.

"Maybe not." She whispered. "Leah, hey don't get in your head." Walker said softly.

She didn't respond and just picked up the few clothes that fell. "Leah." Walker said as he put his hands on her hands and the basket.

Leah looked down with tears in her eyes. "Hey, come here." Walker said as he took the basket, put it down, and brought Leah in his arms.

"I just don't know. It's like every time either of us leaves each other, we just get so emotionally exhausted and damaged. I don't want it to be like that." She whispered.

"I know." Walker said, soothing her back.

"Walker?" She whispered. "Yes?" He answered quietly. "Do you think we should try it?" She asked as she looked up at him. "Maybe. Maybe we should." He said hesitantly. "Okay." She whispered, almost inaudibly.

(Time Skip)
Walker packed up his things and went back to the door to say goodbye to one last person. Definitely not least.

"So. I guess this is goodbye?" Leah said as Walker stood in front of her. "Yeah." He answered.

"How long?" She asked him. "I don't know. Maybe a month?" He asked sadly. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking." She sighed.

They avoided looking at each other, for the sake of not letting the emotions get the best of them.

Walker and Leah quickly looked at each other, that turned into a somber gaze. Their eyes crystallized from the tears forming.

"Well should we kiss or something?" Leah said with a smile, breaking the sad silence. Walker chuckled softly.

They slowly leaned into a very soft and gentle kiss. Both of their hands, in their pockets, feeling so sad, yet happy.

Walker was the first to take his hands out of his pockets, and place them on Leah's waist. She followed, moving her hands to his chest.

After a moment, they slowly broke apart as their watery eyes slowly opened, revealing a tear.

Walker left as Leah watched.