imagine how i feel | chapter forty nine

TW ⚠ SA mentions

///

GWEN

Sierra wounded Noah badly.

It wasn't as far as full on cuts but he was battered and bruised, and the first thing he did as soon as he got off the boat was run to Cody and kiss him.

Yes, I know.

I felt so utterly awkward just standing there watching them embrace, and this is maybe the most dry and impossible way to describe something all of us have been waiting for for a long time, but it was as simple as that.

Noah was in love with Cody and Cody was in love with Noah.

Congrats, they were the last to know.

Courtney looked at me and smiled, knowing that Chris saw the whole thing go down and he called the police and the police took Sierra away, knowing that she would never touch any of us ever again. 

I'm happy for her and Duncan. Duncan and I were definitely not a good pair, Courtney and Duncan a better one, and I'm so happy we're friends again.

Cody started to cry and we all turned away, giving them their privacy. 

Lindsay burst into tears and Tyler wrapped an arm around her. "I'm just so happy, and I don't know why I'm crying!" she said, and laughed. 

Maybe it's time to leave this all behind.

For now, at least.

///

total drama fuckers

leshawna: IM SO HAPPY

leshawna: MY TWO BABIES FINALLY GREW PAIRS AND KISSED

noah: i dont know what to say

gwen: COME ONNNNN WHERES THE OTHER ONE GONE

noah: sleeping 

duncan: did sierra fuck him so bad he can't walk

noah: quite literally.

duncan: sorry that was insensitive

noah: i'm glad you realised that.

courtney: proud of you babe

///

NOAH

We got out of there.

As soon as I stepped on the boat, even after being beat up notoriously, I felt like I had a breath of fresh air in a world of pollution. 

Total Drama haunts my life, and I know I'll be back there one day, but for now I felt ready to leave all that behind. I could go home.

I didn't even mean to kiss Cody, but I don't regret it. I just saw his face, his face that was so completely distraught, sat in a shallow ocean, and I just wanted to cheer him up. I just wanted to make him happy because I couldn't stand seeing him sad. 

Sierra's gone now. I could see her getting grabbed by the shoulders by police who had rushed to the site and handcuffed her. I saw everything and it felt like a massive weight was lifted off my chest, because now I knew I could live in peace and so could Cody. 

Watching Cody sleep makes me sad. Can you imagine how I feel?

He went through a lot with Sierra in the short time the group couldn't find him, and I wasn't there. I wasn't there to help him, and endure it with him. I'll never be okay with myself for not staying with him in the bathroom on that one random day.

She took his virginity, didn't she? 

She sexually abused him, I know she did. Sierra. She took everything from him. She took him away from me. I never knew a person could be so cruel, I underestimated the power of fanatics and paparazzi and I almost completely lost Cody.

He looked so peaceful sleeping. 

"I'm sorry," I said loudly, a bit too loudly because Cody's eyelids fluttered.

It's not your fault, he mouthed and smiled, and lifted his arms around my shoulders and pulled me close. 

We stayed like that for a long time.

a/n

ok did this move too fast or smth but it really touched my fucking heart

this chapter is really dark/deep tbh sorry

im in love w a girl from skl who is prolly straight and i like her sooooooooooooooo much so i felt like writing some fucky love scenes

i'm also very sorry if i accidentally upset sa victims with my mentions/portrayal of sa (if there is inaccuracy in cody's experience i deeply apologise for that, i am only speaking from what i know/my experiences with sa). i send out my prayers to you all. 💓