back at camp pt4 | chapter forty eight

BRIDGETTE

It's been a while and we are still looking for Cody.

I'm starting to get worried because Sierra could be doing anything with him right now, I just hope he's not in bad conditions (that would make Noah nervous). 

Cody's such a good soul, I really hope we find him.

"DJ," Duncan muttered. "Stop crying."

DJ looked up from where he was sitting down. "Sorry man, I just saw a baby bird fall down and with Cody being lost...it's too much." He proceeded to burst into tears.

Geoff came over and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "It's okay, babe, don't be worried, we'll find Cody in the end." 

"But what if we don't?" I said theoretically. 

"Doubting our abilities won't do anything," Courtney said and kept walking on. "And, Duncan, can you stop being a dick?"

"I am known for being a dick, why should I stop?" Duncan objected and Courtney made a face. Duncan was upsetting all of us with his negativity anyway, but we were all feeling down because of the results we were having and we had no idea where Cody and Sierra could possibly be."

"Because you're being so rude to DJ and-" Courtney stopped and all our phones buzzed. It was the group chat.

///

total drama fuckers

leshawna: BITCHES THIS JUST IN

*leshawna sent a photo*

duncan: what is that.

bridgette: a tapeworm

duncan: i see

courtney: he doesn't

noah: it's a hairtie, in case you're dumb.

gwen: no need to be so 😕😕salty😥

noah: oh my goodness 

harold: it's not just ANY hairtie, it's sierra's hairtie

duncan: oh my god harold stop being an idiot, how would we know it's sierra's hairtie anyway and not like, the headband tyler used when he was a baby

tyler: i don't wear the same thing everyday yk geez

harold: well if you paid any attention to sierra during world tour and all stars, you would know that she uses red hair ties to tie up her hair.

heather: do you have any better ideas, genius?

duncan: dna test or smth?? like i thought that was straight forward

gwen: oh yeah we just do a dna test in the middle of the forest, that's very straight forward!

justin: i am loving this duncan slander

duncan: no???

justin: yes. 

justin: i will not hear otherwise, duncan, so help me or i will feed you to the ducks.

leshawna: umm ok

leshawna: meet back at the campfire??

noah: 👍

///

BRIDGETTE

I barely ever text in that group chat because the jokes made are somewhat questionable, and so is the group chat name. 

My hair was starting to get full of muck and oil, we haven't even been here for a day, and honestly all my doubts were gone. Maybe we would find Cody?

When we got to the campsite, Leshawna was standing very completely still outside one of the cabins and so were the rest of the team.

What? Geoff mouthed.

"Someone's in there," she whispered. "We weren't supposed to arrive so early."

"You mean..." I started, and Noah crept up to the door and burst it open. Noah screamed like a little girl and a woman attacked him and tackled him on the floor. Courtney yelled and started to claw at the woman's hair. Chunks of purple flew everywhere, and if I'm being honest, it was quite traumatizing.

It occurred to me now that the woman tackling Noah was Sierra, which meant she left Cody undefended, and everyone else seemed to realise that as Heather then ran (as fast as she could in heels) to the cabin and lugged a skinny bony character out.

Cody was mumbling under his breath, "Thank God," over and over again. He didn't look unhealthy or too dirty, which meant he was in good conditions the whole time but his eyes were red and his skin was patchy and dry.

"Oh God," DJ said, "Cody, are you okay?"

"I am now," Cody said. His voice was hoarse and empty, hollow as if there was no soul in there anymore. "I just need-"

Leshawna grabbed him and ran him to the boat (which hadn't left yet). "Don't worry about doing anything, hon. We have to get you out of here as soon as possible."

"I can drive a boat," Harold offered. "I'll drive you to shore and then come back for the rest."

Leshawna smiled, the corners of her eyes crinkling up. "Thank you, darling," she said and hopped on with Cody. Geoff and I got on too, as well as Tyler, Lindsay and Beth. 

///

CODY

I was so sleepy I could possibly die any second. 

Sierra kept me in good conditions but what I saw and did was unable to be undone. 

My voice...

Hearing Noah scream over and over by the cabins physically pains me in a way I cannot explain.

My God, what has she done?

a/n

HOLY SHIT IM INVESTED IN MY OWN STORY

sorry i havent updated but its skl holidays now :D

guys they didn't leave courtney and noah on the island 😭😭 a few of them went with leshawna cos they lowk arent useful and/or they can help like defend cody if shit goes down