15

"Sunghoon, open the door" Rumi shouted from the outside of his room. Her voice is becoming angrier.

Of course she will be angry if her son is not letting her enter his room. She is more angry to know that he is also not attending school....and she got to know this from his homeroom teacher, when the teacher had to call her asking why Sunghoon was absent for a whole week. And she wants to know her son's pretty little secret now.

She knocks on the door continuously, attempting to break it and enter his room.

And the boy who is not opening the door is starting to panic. He knows his mother so well, if he opens the door she will make him sleep all night outside of the house.

"Mom...mom sorry." He said, in a begging tone.

"What do you mean by 'sorry'? I thought you were going to school daily without complaining about anything so at last you are trying to study hard....but what is this?"

Sunghoon put his hands on both sides of his ears. She is yelling at him with her loud voice that he is sure all the people who live in that area can hear her.

"Come you lazy head... bunking classes...waah...I said OPEN THE DOOR."

No answer.

Breathing rapidly while holding the anger into herself, Sunghoon's mother left him for this time. She is still murmuring and so loud that Sunghoon can hear it loud and clear. 

"Don't know what is happening with him... absent from school!! Where the hell did he stay the whole day? So he is now partnering with bad guys hah? I see...!"

A moment of silence..........

"YoU FucKInG STay tHerE tiLL you Die."

Sunghoon groaned. He knows he has to deal with her till he does something impressive, or till he gets a fever. He is sure of not getting anything to eat for dinner.

After that night, Sunghoon and Heeseung's attitude towards each other had changed a little. The way they used to ignore each other, used to fight, used to cut each other's sentences, used to share death glares....now you can see a little calmness between them. The fire era has gone, now it's the ice era.

Sunghoon thought about the whole incident many times when he was in bed. He tried to ignore as much as he could, he tried to comfort himself through Heeseung's words. But it couldn't help him, he needed some time, he needed some time to recover from it, and so..he wanted to get rid of the marks. Even if Gyuhe did wrong that day, he was quite sure that Gyuhe would still come to him, and Sunghoon didn't want him to see the marks, not only him but everyone. It's embarrassing. He let Gyuhe do everything he wanted to do with him, but not now. He couldn't let Gyuhe see the dark marks caused by him because he knows, it will give Gyuhe a pleasure, a pleasure to win over him, a pleasure to make him small against him. He can't take him anymore. A sudden courage, maybe it is just a little, but Sunghoon wanted to make a change, and for it, he wanted some time....some time to deal with his weakness.

And that's why he thought about skipping school. Although he was able to collect some courage, it was nothing compared to the trauma and fear he got from Gyuhe. The truth is that he was scared, scared of the fact that Gyuhe would do something again. It's not that skipping school was only his plane, and it's not that he didn't tell anyone about it. He told it to someone, Someone that lives so near to him but still far. At first Heeseung tried to change his mind when he told him about it, but Heeseung realised that how much Sunghoon is struggling, struggling to fight with his own fear, he then gave up.

Sunghoon always went out from the home with Heeseung, but instead of walking straight, he turned his feet towards the small path, which led to the mountain. Mountain means not that type of mountain with high rock, ice, thick forest... it's just a small forest, neat. And you can find peace there, which Sunghoon wanted. Heeseung doesn't know what he does in that place. He just knows that instead of school Sunghoon is going to the mountain, the same mountain where Sunghoon found him unconscious a few months ago.

When Rumi yelled and shouted at Sunghoon, there was no doubt that Heeseung couldn't hear. But instead of laughing he felt guilty. Guilty that after knowing Sunghoon will be bunking classes, he didn't try to help him with the notes, guilty that he couldn't protect him, he didn't try anything to make him comfortable with himself, the way Rumi does with Heeseung. She always makes sure to make him happy, lovable and comfortable with them.

In school neither Gyuhe nor Heeseung tried to talk with each other. Usually Gyuhe tried to fight with him but this week he just spared a little glance and that's all for the day. Same with Heeseung, although he wants to rip his heart away from his body, but he didn't because of Sunghoon.

The door is locked from each side of their rooms. They locked it the next morning of that night and it has been closed since that day. Both Sunghoon and Heeseung just glance at each other, and each glance is like words between them, like Sunghoon is telling him that he is okay, while Heeseung's glance asks him about his day. And all of it Heeseung is doing not because of Sunghoon, of course for him but it's not in that way. He is doing this because of how Sunghoon's family treated him, and after all Sunghoon was the one who saved him maybe. And he has to do it because everything happened that night with Sunghoon because of him. This is how he thinks. And his thoughts are not wrong though. He truly wants to help them, through Sunghoon, not only then but Sunghoon too. And if there is any reason that exists, he might not be aware of it.

"Heeseung...dinner is ready." Grandma said from the kitchen. As Rumi walked upstairs and knocked on his door thinking he hadn't heard.

"Hee, dinner." She said.

"Oh...I heard... I'm going in a minute." He said.

"Um hm.." then she walked towards the stairs, without sparing a single glance to the door which was sticking on the wall just beside Heeseung's.

When Heeseung comes out from his room and sits in the dining room and can see only Rumi and grandma are there, then he realizes that Sunghoon has to deal with his hunger for this night.

Heeseung was the top student in his school and still is, for a reason. When he sits at the study table, he doesn't think about anything, only books. It's 2am., and he is still studying.

On the other hand Sunghoon got up from the bed. Believe it or not, but he did stay still but he just couldn't ignore the hunger that he is feeling right now. He looked at the empty packages of chips and the empty water bottle. He has nothing to eat not to drink. Sunghoon takes a heavy breath because he is thinking about something.

Should he ask Heeseung? Will he do this? If he feels disturbed then? They are still not that close to talk right? They are not even close at all.

And he heard his stomach craving again. Maybe he should just try asking Heeseung.

He slowly, doubtfully takes his steps towards the door. He stopped there for a moment to catch what Heeseung was doing and all he heard was the rustling sound of paper flipping.

Should he really ask him? He is literally studying at this hour, disturbing him will be a dumb idea right?

He stepped back again. He can't ask him for this. How can he ask him to bring him some food and water? Sunghoon sat on this bed.

When thinking about this, he heard the sound of the opening door. Close to him. And yeah, Heeseung opened his door and walked towards the downstairs. Sunghoon's mind was so busy thinking where he was going? Why is he going? And he forgot to call him. His mind again asked himself, 'should I ask?'.....but it's too late, Heeseung is already left.

But after a few minutes heard footsteps again coming towards his room, means Heeseung's room and the footsteps passed his room and he heard the sound of closing the door. He heard Heeseung humming a song. If he is singing, then he is already done with his study, so collecting all the courage he stands up and places a soft knock on the door. The door?...yes that is placed between their rooms.

'Ice on ma wris..um the nice guy
Gotta rhyte bady...anda..........'

Heeseung stopped singing when he heard a sound. It's most like a knock.

'What is it?'

He stopped for a while to listen again. And he heard knocks on the door for two times. He is surprised by the fact that Sunghoon is knocking at this late hour. He comes closer to the door.

"Sunghoon?" He said with a hashed tone because the night is already too silent and his sudden loud voice will be too much for this peaceful night.