Chapter 4

"Huh!"

I was so surprised that I slapped Baek's hand away. I was embarrassed that even Baek In-hyuk appeared in my dream.

"I'm the one who gasped."

Baek Inhyuk made a ridiculous expression and locked eyes with Sunjae. Most of the fans at the potato battle, the potato war, were fans of Baek In-hyuk. They tied bands around their heads, claiming that Sunjae would usurp Baek's position, and they were extremely opposed to Sunjae joining the team, even after he joined. As a fan of Sunjae, I hated his fans, so it was only natural that I hated Baek Inhyuk.

Baek Inhyuk and Ryu Sunjae looked at me in disbelief as I sobbed, but it was Sunjae who furrowed his brow first.

"What is it?"

"Huh?"

I wiped the tears that were dripping down my chin with the back of my hand and looked at Sunjae. A very unhappy face was turned toward me.

"Do you know me?"

"Oh...... I'm your fan. My nickname is Sunjae, but of course you don't know that. I just signed up and never wrote anything."

She snorted, her lashes wet and her eyes red. Seonjae's smile narrowed.

"Fan?"

"Wow, dude, you got a fan cafe?"

Baek Inhyuk punches Sunjae on the shoulder. Sunjae's eyes rolled to the side and his face fell.

"You're a fan. You're an asshole for punching me in the shoulder."

"What did I say, you're my fan?"

"You're a potato...... no, no, I mean, later on you'll be, I mean, there's such a thing as...... Anyway, Sunjae, it's so nice to see you like this."

Even though his face was contorted into a very mean expression, it was nice to see him right in front of me. I was rejected every time I tried to go to a fan signing, and every time I tried to go to a music broadcast, I was cut off from the first come, first served, so I gave up. The concert was a bit like a big cotton ball.

My eyes filled with tears from smiling and laughing. I'll never see such a happy face again. It was as if Sunjae had come to visit me, the one who liked him so much, before he went to heaven.

I pouted my lower lip and cried, and Baek In-hyuk covered his face with his hands and acted like he was holding back laughter. I wanted to steal a glance, but I didn't look away. Just looking at Sunjae's face, a dream that might wake up at any moment, was not enough. I fixed my gaze on his face.

"Sunjae, you're the best singer I've ever heard, and your songs always cheered me up, and everyone loved you. I hope you don't take too many bad memories with you."