Epilogue Episode 4

I walked down the street and came to a main road. The road opened up in front of me, and I felt even more confused. I ran my hand through my hair and turned my head to see two people sitting slumped on a bench. My hand slipped from the top of my head and fell to the ground.

A woman, her long hair hanging over the back of the bench, sat with her head tilted back, while a man lay next to her, taking up all the remaining space on the bench. His legs were to the left of her, and his body was to the right. The woman was sitting in the middle of the man's body.

For a moment, I froze, as if I had been doused in cold water. Thinking seemed to stop. Or more accurately, it should have stopped. I knew that whatever I was thinking now was not a good idea.

I pushed my hat back on my head and started walking. I walked, holding back the urge to run. I stop in front of a bench. The woman's head is tilted back, looking up at the sky, and her eyes flicker toward Sunjae. They widen as their eyes meet.

"Huh? What, what, what? How are you here?"

Straightening up, Imsol looked around. No matter how she looked around, she couldn't find a single person, and she wondered what Sunjae had come to this remote Gamdaeon for.

"Do you realize you left this behind?"

I show him the cell phone I've been holding in my hand the whole time, and he looks surprised.

"I knew, but I didn't go get it. What, did you come all the way here for this? Work?"

"I came because it's over."

Unlike Imsol's surprised voice, Sunjae's voice is calm. Noticing that his energy was lowered, Imsol blinked and grabbed his hand.

"Were you worried?"

"Who's next to you?"

Sunjae's gaze snaps to the man who's lying on the ground like a bowling pin knocked off by a ball. Im-sol gently pulls the jean jacket over his face, revealing a familiar face sleeping.

"......Eun-chan?"

"He drank too much by himself and got drunk."

"Was Eun-chan with you?"

"Yes. He came to the office today."

"So, you didn't get picked up, but...... picked you up?"

Imsol shakes her head.

"He was drunk as hell, so I carried him.

I think back to the boss's words and realize I've gone too far.

"Ah......."

Imsol glances up at Seonjae sitting on the bench with his head down and his eyebrows knitted together.

"Sunjae?"

The hem of Sunjae's shirt sways slightly in Imsol's fingers. With his hand on the tip of his eyebrow, Sunjae lowered his gaze. He could see Im Sol looking at him. His heart fluttered in his chest. Thinking back to the moment when he was running around worrying, he felt angry, but seeing his lover in front of him soothed him. Where I should be. I realize it's a bit of a mess.

"Let's go. I'll carry Eun-chan."

I tug on his shoulder, and Eun-chan's body follows. With the jean jacket in one hand, I carry Eun-chan on my back. After quickly getting up from the bench, Imsol grabs Kwon's bag and heads out onto the road. He waves wildly and hails a taxi. As the taxi slows to a crawl when it spots them, Im-sol glances up and sees Sun-jae.

"Sunjae, are you angry?"

Meanwhile, the taxi had stopped. Without looking at Imsol, Seonjae speaks in a low voice.