Tomorrow's Best Side Story Episode 2

"Sunjae Ryu, show me your skills."

I leaned my head against the wall, waiting for the lyrics to come up, and sang the first verse as the whole song ended.

He sang a few more songs and left the arcade. "Hey, it smells like rain!" said Baek In-hyuk as I was running down the stairs, and as I stepped on the last step, I saw the landscape soaked with rain from the storm drains.

"It's a dog. Baek Inhyuk."

Shoving one hand into the pocket of his school uniform pants, Sunjae looked up at the rainy sky. The heavy, dark clouds somehow resembled a rain shower. Baek grimaced at the raindrops drifting in the wind.

"Do you have an umbrella?"

"No."

"Hey, why are you walking around without an umbrella?"

"Do you have one?"

"Of course not."

Baek's expression was proud.

"Then why are you walking around without one?"

"Our perfect Sunjae has everything, even an umbrella. Oh, right. You don't even have a girlfriend."

"You've been talking a lot of bullshit since your sophomore year."

Baek Inhyuk smirked and raised his shoulders. Shaking his head, Seonjae looked around for a place to buy an umbrella. Next to him, two girls in different school uniforms stood under a short canvas awning. The girl with the long hair tied up in a tight bun turned her face toward Sunjae. When their eyes met, the girl turned away quickly.

The smell of rain was thick in the air, the sound of rain pounding on the ground, and wet leaves hung limp from the branches. Rainwater pooled in the gaps between the sidewalk blocks that made up the ground, and every time the wind picked up, it bent the raindrops and sent them flying toward the four people huddled against the building.

"Oh, God, if this doesn't stop."

"I don't think it's going to stop anytime soon, but aren't you going to school today?"

The girl with the cauldron on her shoulder nodded. In her right hand, she held a cotton canvas. A name tag pinned to her chest bore the name Hyunju Lee. Next to her, a girl with a hood pulled up and a string tied tightly around her neck, biting her lip and looking up at the sky.

"What, are you going to run?"

Hyunjoo asked, and the hooded girl nodded.

"I'm going to get an umbrella. Wait here."

"Hey, no!"

The girl darted out of the awning before I had time to grab the strap, and Baek Inhyuk nuzzled the nape of Sunjae's neck.