Epilogue Episode 6

That should have been fine, until I got home and had a few drinks by myself. I found that I had sent a message to Sunjae, acting like a drunken, sloppy ex on a night I don't remember.

[Sunjae]

[Honestly, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hard, but have I ever really thought about breaking up with you?]

[But I have thought about it]

[You're too busy and you're too much of a shus and you're not really you but I think you're a shus.......]

[You know shus dust, right? /shus superstar]

[Anyway, when you're this busy, I honestly think a relationship is a bit of a luxury]

[Now that I write that, it sounds like you're telling me not to get in a relationship, I take that back, I never thought of that]

[I'm practicing stream-of-consciousness techniques]

[I've had a few drinks]

[I love you anyway]

[Let's bake it for you]

"Oh....... You're crazy, man."

I threw my phone across the bed and buried my face in the covers. I held back the urge to scream. There was a typo in that last message, but it was definitely a savior, and the fact that I said it at all is proof that I was completely sober.

I used to say that shit when I was drunk enough to cut the film. Like, "I saved your life......," or something.

"Crazy, I hate you so much......."

He'd make a whimpering sound and clench his fists. If technology was advanced enough to make a machine that would wipe out certain memories, I'd wipe out my time-traveling self, so I wouldn't have to say all that savior crap.

I didn't have to hide the fact that Sunjae knew about the time travel and the reason for the trip, but it always bothered me that he knew. That he knew everything, so I didn't mention it more than necessary. I didn't want him to feel indebted to me because of the fact that his life was connected to mine. I was afraid that we were bound together because of that.

But strangely, whenever he drank, that burden would evaporate, and his mouth would talk of its own accord. Just like yesterday.

I was pounding my fists into the mattress in a fit of rage when my cell phone rang.

"Hut."

I reached down and picked up my discarded phone. I flip it over and see a message from Sunjae.