Ignored

I'm off work today because it's Chase's birthday so I won't be at home since the guys wanted to do something for him

I woke up a little later than usual because fuck, I really needed that sleep. This week has been long.

"Good morning." I murmur, coming up from behind my wife and wrapping my arms around her waist. She's all dressed up because I think she's taking the kids out since it's sunny outside.

She turns the gas down on the stove and faces me. "Good morning. Sleep well?" She says softly, cupping my cheeks.

"Mhm." I hum, leaning my forehead against hers.

"Can tell." She giggles, combing her fingers through my bed hair.

In response, I lightly peck her lips before pulling away. She made me coffee, that I thanked her for, so I drank it and then went to greet our three year old twins at the dining table.

"Morning, little man." I say, ruffling his hair.

He swallows the food in his mouth and grins up at me. "Morning Papà."

I peck his forehead and walk over to where Reyna is sitting. "Good morning, sweetheart." I say, kissing the top of her head.

To my utter surprise, she completely ignores me and instead runs over to her mother. Well, that's new. I figured it's because she's tired and hates the mornings so I let it slide. Still, she's always so happy to see me in the mornings but today it's like she doesn't want to be in the same room as me.

"Matteo, have you finished your food?" River asks, coming into the dining room with Reyna wrapped up in her arms like a koala bear.

"Sí Mamà." He replies with a nod of his head.

"Go put your shoes on, mi amor." She tells him.

"Okay." He says, getting off his seat and leaving the dining room.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask, nodding at Reyna.

"I don't know," She frowns, running a hand down Reyna's hair. "She's probably just tired."

"Reyna," I say softly, dipping my head down to meet her gaze. "Are you okay, baby?"

In response, she turns her head away from me and buries her face into River's neck. Ouch.

"She'll be fine later." River says, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Alright. I'll see you tonight." I say, pecking her cheek. "Call me if you need anything."

"I will."