Protective

Today I have a really important shoot with an important client

Today I have a really important shoot with an important client. Over the years my modelling company has expanded significantly so this shoot will really seal the deal. That's if they'll sign us to showcase their product.

If it doesn't work out then it's not a big deal but I want it to work. Modelling has been my dream since I was a kid. I couldn't really peruse it because I had an obligation to run my father's mafia. My husband, however, managed to convince me to start my career after the twins first birthday and so I did.

Our revenge is over so our futures can finally begin.

Anyways, I am just about to leave for work but decided to go home to grab a quick cup of coffee before I go. The kids already left for school. What surprises me when I get home is that Ace is only just leaving for work. He should've been gone at 7 am. Right now it's 7:30.

He pauses in the doorway when he sees me and so do I.

"Ace? What are you still doing here?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"I accidentally slept through my alarm," He sighs and rubs his eyes. "Can't talk right now. I'm running late but I'll call you later. Good luck with your shoot, you'll do great."

His voice sounds off. Stuffy even and a little deeper than normal.

"Are you okay?" I ask in concern, reaching up to cup his cheeks that are surprisingly hot.

"I'm good, I'm good." He smiles and nods his head but I'm not convinced. "I'm sorry baby but I really have to go."

"Okay, take it easy." I reply, pecking his lips. I make a mental note to come see him at work after my shoot because I know he's not feeling the best right now. Even if he doesn't admit it.

"Of course." He says, pecking my cheek. "I'll see you soon."

xXx

Ace said he'd call me after my shoot but it's been an hour and I never got his call. So, I've decided to go see him. I'm worried. Especially after seeing how exhausted he looked this morning.

I got him lunch because I doubt he has eaten since he skipped breakfast.

I make it to his company building and take the elevator to the top floor. His assistant greets me by her desk as I pass it.

"Ace in his office?" I ask her.

"Yes ma'am."

"Thank you." I send her a smile to which she returns and make my way towards my husband's office. His assistant is a sweetheart unlike the last one. She was a right bitch. All she wanted to do was get him in her pants.

I knock on his door but get no answer. I don't hear anything on the other side so I open the door and step inside.

My movements halt when I spot him at his desk. He's slouched over his desk; head buried in his arms that are crossed over the table. I think he's asleep. He's so quiet.