Rage |2|

tw: gruesome
___________________________________

tw: gruesome___________________________________

"Sleep here tonight. Everything upstairs is trashed." I say to River and sigh from exhaustion.

Reyna is still in my arms because every time I put her down she wakes up and starts crying. Matteo is still asleep though, seeming to not mind the noise around him.

"I'll call someone tomorrow." She mutters, getting up from the couch and grabbing some blankets and pillows.

I walk over to her, wrap an arm around her waist, and turn her towards me. "Are you okay, love?" I ask after noticing her frown.

She squeezes her eyes shut. "I'm fine. Lets go to bed." She tries to change the topic and move past me but I gently grip her arm and pull her back towards me.

"River, baby, what's wrong?" I ask worriedly, stroking her cheek with my thumb.

She bites her lip and shakes her head, leaning her forehead against my chest. "She was hurt because we put them in danger. Is this our life now?" She questions, her jaw ticking in frustration, "I can't live with myself if anything happens to them."

I wrap my arm around the back of her head and kiss the top of it. "I promised to protect you guys with my life, didn't I? They're safe. We're safe. Everything will be okay darling, do you understand me?" I grip her chin and tilt her head up to meet my gaze.

She cups my cheeks, sighs softly, and nods her head.

"Ti fidi di me, sí?" I mutter, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She nods her head and I grin. "That's all you need to do. Trust me." I say quietly, leaning my forehead against hers.

(You trust me, yeah?)

She smiles and closes her eyes. "I love you."

"I love you," I murmur, kissing the bridge of her nose, "get some sleep baby. I'll call Theo to take care of the twins tomorrow."

"Okay." She pecks my lips and moves over to one of the couches.

I can already see her shoulders becoming less tense after my reassurance. This isn't the life I wanted for my kids but I knew from the moment they were born that this would unfortunately be our normal.

I watch her lay down beside Matteo and gently pull him into her chest as she kisses the top of his head. I kiss their temples and throw a blanket over them, letting them sleep.

I sit down on the other couch with Reyna. She starts stirring in my arms and suddenly lifts her head up. Her eyes were still closed as she moves her head to my other shoulder and buries her face into my neck, yawning adorably.