Scared

We're in Brooklyn for a few days with the kids

We're in Brooklyn for a few days with the kids. Matteo had a game here so we decided to stay a couple of days before going back to Boston. Plus, we're meeting up the guys and Alyssa tomorrow. I can't wait. I haven't seen them in so long.

Anyways, today Matteo and I decided to go for a walk and visit the old cafe I use to work at in high school.

"Okay we'll be right back," Matteo crouches down in front of the triplets, who are two. "You have to behave for abuela and abuelo. Understand?"

"Yes." Our eldest, Mattias, nods his head.

"Okay." Lourenço mururms but half of his attention is on the bird outside. I don't even think he knows what Matteo said.

"Mm no!" Nico shrieks with the widest grin on his face.

"Who am I kidding? You never behave." Matteo mumbles to him.

"Outside." Nico tugs on my hand and points a finger towards at the front door.

"When we come back baby," I pick him up and kiss his pudgy cheek. "I promise."

"Pretty Mama." He says, placing his tiny hands on my cheeks.

"Thank you my sweet boy." I peck the tip of his nose and giggles with his little dimple on his left cheek.

"Besito Mama." Lourenço wraps his arms around my leg and stares up at me with his hazel eyes.

I crouch down and peck his cheek as his whole face lightens up. I also kiss Mattias goodbye before standing upright with Nico still in my arms.

"Ma, we're leaving." Matteo calls out and River emerges from the living room.

"Have fun you two." She says as Matteo opens the front door and put my son down. Nico notices this and immediately starts having a meltdown. Shit.

"No Mamà! No!" He shouts, wrapping his tiny arm around my leg as he shakes his head. "No Papà."He cries, wrapping his other arm around Matteo's leg.

Matteo eventually caves and picks him up, "We'll be right back." He says softly and rubs his back to help calm him down.

"Okay." He nods his head and sniffles.

"I'm sorry, baby. We'll be back soon, I promise." I say, wiping his tears away with my thumb as he lays his head on Matteo's shoulder.

"How about we make some cookies for Mamà and Papà?" River says to him and his face lightens up.

"Yeah!" He grins and immediately extends his arms out to her. She happily picks him up and pecks his temple.

"Crybaby." Lourenço grumbles as he walks into the living room.

"Don't be mean." Mattias calls out after him and follows behind him.