Hypothetical

Matteo and I decided to ask Mom and Dad hypothetical questions to see what they would do in these scenarios

Matteo and I decided to ask Mom and Dad hypothetical questions to see what they would do in these scenarios. Out of the two Dad is more stricter than Mom so maybe their answers will be different.

"Mom, Dad," I say, walking into the living room with my brother and gaining their attention. "Can we ask you some hypothetical questions?"

"Shoot." Mom says, pausing the film on the TV and directing her full attention towards us.

"Hypothetical questions?" Dad asks, lifting his rear off the couch and sliding his phone into his pocket.

"Yeah," Matteo nods his head and takes a seat on the couch. "It's like we've never done half this stuff but what would you guys do if we did."

We're seventeen and we've already gotten in trouble for half of the shit we're about to ask them.

"Ask away." Mom replies.

My brother takes his phone out and opens up his notes app as I sit beside him. "Alright first question,"  He starts off. "What would you do if we got a C or lower in a class?"

"As long as you tried I don't really care,"  Mom shrugs her shoulders carelessly. "Cs get degrees."

"I would say you're both losers and you can do better." Dad answers and Mom rolls her eyes at him.

"Next question," I say, peering over at Matteo's phone. "What if we threw a party while you two were away?"

"I'd beat your ass." Mom says bluntly.

"I'd watch." Dad replies.

"Okay," Matteo lightly chuckles. "How about if we snuck out to a party and you found out the next day?"

"I'd just be upset that you didn't tell me." Mom says. "But you should at least leave a note on your bed to let us know where you are."

"The fuck you sneaking out for when you can just ask?" Dad scoffs and shakes his head.

"Fair," I say. "What would you do if we skipped a class?"

"Who cares?" Mom says with a shrug. "I've done it loads of times."

"You wanna get dragged to the next class?" Dad retorts, tilting his head.

"No thanks." I mutter.

"Last one," Matteo says. "What if we came home drunk?"

"Grounded for a month." Mom replies and Dad hums in agreement.

I actually did come home drunk but thankfully Matteo covered for me. Like he always does.

We have each other's backs.

thank you for the suggestion! <3