Mine

I have a game today in Brooklyn

I have a game today in Brooklyn. We drove down last night and we are currently staying at my parents' with the kids. We just had dinner and I can tell the boys are getting tired so we decide to put them down for the night. Even Liliana's getting tired but she needs her bottle before we can put her to bed.

"Let me take her while you put the boys to bed." Mom says from the couch, extending her arms out just as I was about to pick Lourenço up. Dad's at work still because he's busy as always.

"You sure? She's a little grumpy." I ask, raising a brow. Audrey already went upstairs with Nico because he passed out on her lap earlier. Lourenço and Mattias are on the verge of falling asleep judging by how quiet they've gone.

"Of course." She replies so I gently sit Liliana down on her lap but she immediately starts crying her eyes out.

"See." I say with a sigh.

"She's just tired." She replies, bringing Liliana into her chest as she rubs her teary eyes with the back of her tiny hand.

"I won't be long." I tell her, picking Lourenço up and holding onto Mattias' hand.

"Take your time." 

I make my way upstairs and towards the spare room. Stepping in, I see Audrey tucking Nico in and she turns her head at the sound of my footsteps. I lay Lourenço and Mattias down with him before tucking them in too.

"Liliana?" She whispers to me.

"With Mom." I whisper back, quietly closing the door to the spare room.

"Bring her to our room. I'm gonna go make her bottle." She says as we head back downstairs.

"Alright." I reply, walking into the living room as she heads to the kitchen.

Before I can step foot into the living room, the front door opens to reveal my Dad.

"Oh, hey." I say to him.

"What's up, kid." He ruffles my hair as he walks past me into the living room.

I follow him in and take Liliana off my Mom. "That's enough, darling." I say softly, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Fuck." I hear Dad groan as he sinks down on to the seat beside Mom.

"Long day?" Mom asks as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Yes, very." He replies, closing his eyes and propping his feet on to the coffee table.

"Feet off the table." She says and he obliges without a word. "You're not working late tomorrow, are you?"

"Nah, I have a date." He replies, opening his eyes and turning his head towards her.

"Who's the unlucky girl?" She raises a brow and I smile as Dad lets out a scoff.