Valentine's Day

Valentine's day

Valentine's day. To be honest I completely forgot that it was today until I saw my calendar. I don't even know what to do for it because it's my first valentines with Ace. On top of that, I'm also four months pregnant with the twins too.

Honestly, I'm not about the cheesy bullshit that's involved with it but I wanna make today special for him.

I'm sitting at my vanity mirror taking off my makeup when I hear a knock on the bedroom door. "Yeah?" I call out, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

The door opens and I turn my head to see Ace standing in the doorway with a bouquet of roses in his hands and a gift bag.

"Did you just knock on our bedroom door?" I smile, getting off my chair and walking up to him.

"Happy valentine's day, love." He ignores my question and extends the gifts out towards me with the biggest grin on his pretty face.

"Thank you," I lean up and peck his lips before taking the gifts of him, "But you didn't have to."

"I wanted to," He replies, "Now open your gift woman."

I walk back over to my vanity mirror and sit down. "I didn't get you anything." I frown, glancing over at him as he walks over to where I am.

He cups my jaw and tilts my head up so he can place a soft kiss on my lips. "You having that ring on your finger is enough." He murmurs against my lips.

I cup his cheeks and kiss him one more time before taking out the gift in the bag. Inside is a small square box and once I open it I see a diamond necklace.

"It's beautiful," I smile, taking it out of the box and admiring it, "Thank you."

"Let me put it on." He says, gently brushing my hair back before taking the necklace and clasping it around my neck. Once he's done, he kisses the side of my neck and makes eye contact with me through the mirror. "Fuckin' gorgeous."

I turn around in my seat and extend my arms out towards him. He kneels down in front of me and wraps his arms around me. "How are you feeling?" He asks, slipping his hand under my shirt and gently rubbing my bump.

"Better than this morning." I reply, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I should've stayed at home with you." He says, slipping his hands inside of my sweatpants and lifting me up with him by my ass.

"It's okay. You had work." I sigh, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"You're more important," He replies, placing me on the bed and laying down with me, "What do you want to do today? Dinner?"

"What do you want to do?" I poke his chest, "You want to go out for dinner?"

He props himself up on his elbow. "Up to you." He shrugs his shoulders and brushes hair away from my face.

"You tell me what you wanna do."

"We can't do the things that I wanna do." He grumbles, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Figure something else out then." I pat his cheek and giggle when he kisses my palm.

"I don't know Riv." He groans, burying his face into my neck.

"You're so indecisive Ace." I sigh, lightly dragging my nails down his scalp.

"I wanna do whatever you wanna do." He says, lifting his head up.

"Ace." I deadpan, cupping his cheeks. 

"Yes?" He smiles with his dimples and I melt.

"Decide." I tell him.

"Wanna go for a drive then?"

"Sure."

xXx

Ace got food and then drove us to a cliff that overlooks the city. As I'm eating my food, I feel the twins start to kick so I place my hand on top of my stomach and feel them kick again.

Ace glances over at me and does a double take when he sees my hand on my stomach. "What's wrong? Are you in pain?" He asks in concern and immediately placing his hand over mine.

"I'm fine," I whisper, putting his hand on my stomach and placing my hand over his, "They're kicking."

He breathes a sigh of relief and a smile spreads across his lips when he feels the twins kick again. "Think they like the tacos." He says, twisting himself in his seat so he's facing me.

I giggle and shake my head at him. "Probably."

He wraps his arms around me and presses his lips to my cheek. "You're so pretty when you smile, Riv." He says softly, leaning his forehead against mine.

I cup his cheeks and tenderly kiss him as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Can we go watch the lights?"

"Yeah baby we can."

He pecks my lips before getting out of the car and walk around to my side. He opens my door and holds out his hand to help me out of the car. I take his hand and slowly get out of the car before he closes the door behind me.

He walks over to the front of the car and sits down on the edge of the cliff as I follow behind him. He glances up at me and extends his arms out after witnessing me struggle. Sometimes being pregnant is frustrating.

With his help, I sit down next to him and lean my head against his shoulder. He leans his head against mine and we both sit in silence as we admire the city below.

Moments like these are my favourite. Moments where we can sit in silence and enjoy each others presence. The silence is never awkward. It never has been. Even when I once hated this man, I could always just sit with him. I've always felt safe with him. It's one of the reasons why I fell in love with him and it was at the most unexpected time.

sorry for the late post but thank you for the suggestion! <3