Injury

"Dad, Dad, Dad

"Dad, Dad, Dad." Matteo says continuously and I glance up at him from my phone.

"What, what, what."

"I'm hungry. Can I have food? We got eggs? I want eggs." He says all in one breath and he said it so quickly that I only understood half of it.

I raise my eyebrows. "Didn't you just eat breakfast?"

"Yeah but it's game day." He replies. "I need my food."

"Alright," I say, getting up from the couch. "How'd you want your eggs?"

"Scrambled."

Walking into the kitchen, I get the eggs out of the fridge and the pan out of the cupboard. Placing the pan on the stove, I turn the gas on and before I can crack the eggs I hear River's voice from upstairs.

"Ace!" She yells.

"Ooh, what did you do now?" Matteo smirks, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning his side against the counter.

"Hopefully nothing." I mumble, giving him the egg. "Make your eggs. I'll be back." I say and when he nods his head in response I leave.

"Ace!" She yells again as I'm walking up the stairs.

"Coming." I call back, reaching the top of the stairs and walking towards our room.

"Come here, come here." She quickly says, ushering me to the bed as soon as I step foot into our room.

"What's going on?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and sit down on the bed.

"Nothing," She smiles and I sigh in relief. I'm not in trouble. "I just need help deciding on something."

"What is it?"

"White or grey?" She asks, holding up two different hoodies.

"Grey." I say and of course she picks the opposite one.

"Thanks. You can go now." She pecks my lips and goes to walk back to the closet but I grab her hips and pull her back.

"You called me up here for this?"

"Yes," She says, cupping my cheeks and straddling my lap. "Why? Did you think you were in trouble?"

I wrap my arms around her waist and lean my forehead against hers. "Mhm." I hum, nodding my head.

She giggles and presses her lips against mine again. "I'll meet you at the rink. I have to drop Reyna off at her friends."

"Okay, I'm going now before we're late." I say, standing up and lifting her with me before putting her down.

xXx

We managed to get to the ring on time and after wishing Matteo good luck he goes off to change into his kit.