Miserable

I roll my eyes when I hear the front door open and close

I roll my eyes when I hear the front door open and close. It's two in the morning and for the past month or so Ace has been coming home at this time of the day. At first I didn't think much about it but if he's coming home smelling like alcohol for the past month, how can I not?

I spoke to him about it but he's been brushing me off and for that I've been distant with him. He doesn't treat me any different but we barely talk because he's always tired when he gets home and then he always leaves before I wake up in the morning.

Moments later, the door to our bedroom opens and closes followed along with his footsteps. I'm laying down in bed with my back towards him and for all he knows I'm asleep.

He turns his bedside lamp on and I hear him place his keys down before walks over to my side of the bed. I close my eyes because I don't wanna talk to him and feel the bed dip beside me. I can already smell the alcohol lingering off of him.

He sighs and brushes hair away from my face as he leans down to place a soft kiss against my cheek. As much as I hate him right now, I love the way his kisses make me feel.

He kisses me one more time and then gets up to walk over to our wardrobe. I open my eyes and watch him take his shirt off through the mirror in front of the door. When I find myself staring at his stupid abs, I scoff and face the other way.

Piece of shit.

xXx

As expected, Ace was gone as soon as I woke up. Sighing, I shower, brush my teeth and get dressed before laying back down while I wait for the twins to wake up. I force myself out of bed when I hear the twins running down the hall. Glancing over at the clock, I see that it's nine in the morning so I get out of bed with a yawn and leave the room.

"Mamà!" They yell in sync, running up to me.

"Good morning." I smile, bending down to kiss their cheeks.

I get them dressed and play for a bit before I take them down for breakfast. While they're eating their food, my phone starts ringing so I take it out of my pocket and see that Alea is calling me.

"River!" She says as soon as I answer the phone.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"You free?"

"I've got the twins." I reply, pouring some coffee into my cup.

"Alright I'm coming over. Somethings up. I can hear it in your voice."

"What? You don't have t—"

"Nope. I'm coming. See you in ten."

Before I can say anything else, she hangs up the phone and I'm left dumbfounded. Well, I guess she's coming over. Not that I mind. I need someone to talk to.