Surprise

I haven't seen Ace in a couple of weeks because he's on a business trip in Costa Rica

I haven't seen Ace in a couple of weeks because he's on a business trip in Costa Rica. I would have gone with him but we have the twins and it would be too much of a hassle taking them with us.

I miss him.

I can't remember the last time when he was away for this long. I'm so use to his presence that I never realised how much I'd miss it when he's gone.

We face time and call each other but it's not the same. I miss being next to him and kissing him or holding him whenever I wanted to. I miss falling asleep and waking up next to him. Now the bed is just cold.

After putting the twins to bed, I mosey over to our room and flop down on to the bed. We call each other every night so I'm impatiently waiting for my phone to ring.

Half an hour goes by when it finally starts ringing and I'm quick to answer his call.

"Hi." He says through the other line and I feel my lips curve upwards at the sound of his deep voice.

I frown, laying down in bed. "Ace." I mumble, pulling the covers over me and switching the lights off.

"What is it, baby?" He says, his voice soft and quiet.

Although there's only a two hour time difference, he's always tired from the never ending meetings he has. Even if he says he isn't I can just tell by the way he talks.

"I miss you."

I hear him intake a deep breath before exhaling . "I miss you too, amore," He mutters, "I wish you were here right now. Fuck, I need you here right now."

"I wish you were here too," I whisper, hugging his pillow, "When are you coming home?"

"I don't know, darling," He sighs, "Hopefully next week but things aren't looking good over here."

"I haven't seen you in almost a month, Ace." I say, frowning.

"I know, baby," He murmurs and then I hear shuffling from other line, "I'll be home as soon as possible. How are the twins?"

I sigh and close my eyes. "Good. They've been asking about you."

"Yeah?" He speaks quietly and I know just by the change in his tone that he hates the distance as much as I do.

"Mm," I hum, "They miss you."

"I miss them too."  He mutters.

I smile slightly. "I'll let them know."

xXx

"Mamà." My three year old son cries.

Groggily, I open my eyes and see him standing beside my bed with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Mamà." He sobs and hiccups from how hard he's crying.