Soft

"Give me the report

"Give me the report." I order my men as we stand in front of a big board filled with pictures of a man we're hunting down.

Their faces were hardened telling me that their full attention is on me. Good.

"No wife or kids. Home residence is unknown. Him and his men are staying in a motel down town not knowing the owner is in our branch. They reported it immediately and was awarded for their loyalty." One of my men informs me.

"And that was their last known location?"

"No sir. It was in a warehouse in California." Another replies.

I turn around and face them, crossing my arms over my chest. "Surround the building . No one comes out alive." I order them. "You know the drill."

"Yes sir." They all reply in sync, nodding their heads firmly.

"Remember this is who you are looking for." I say, pointing to his picture on the board. "Viktor O'Neil."

"Don, do you want the jets loaded up?" Carlos asks from beside me.

"Yes," I say, glancing over at him, "Don't miss that shipment. It's important." I warn him.

"Of course sir." He replies.

Turning my attention back to the board, I gesture towards a picture of the warehouse Viktor is in, "Enter from the back. None of you go through the front or sides."

"Where shall we bring him?" One them asks.

"Back to our main warehouse here." I reply, "What do we know about the contents inside of the building?"

"Filled with men. Crates have weapons and bombs inside." One of them replies, "It's useless blowing it up."

"I see," I lift my chin, "Take those crates. That's our stolen shipment."

The group of men turn their heads towards the meeting room door when it opens unexpectedly. Tiny footsteps echo into the room and small smiles grow on their faces after seeing my three year old daughter walking timidly into the room. She stares up at them with her doe eyes that are filled with fear as she walks past each of them.

Shyly, she wraps her tiny arms around my leg and hides her face away from their intimidating gazes that have now softened at the sight of my little girl. All of my men are soft for her, there's no denying that.

She latches her small hand onto my finger so I use my thumb to stroke the back of it gently.

"Are we clear, men?" I ask them, looking around the room.

They turn their gazes back up to me. "Yes sir." They say in sync.

Reyna squeezes my finger at the sound of their unfamiliar voices. Sensing her uneasiness, I pick her up, turn my back to my men and peck her cheek.