Busy|2|

I felt like shit leaving my wife like that this morning but I plan on making it up to her

I felt like shit leaving my wife like that this morning but I plan on making it up to her. Especially after that little stunt she pulled earlier.

God, I want her so bad.

By the time I have finished my meeting, River is finally home after dropping the twins off. I have to head back to the office straight after this but luckily I won't be working late like I have been for the past couple of days.

"You're still here?" I hear her voice and then feel her arms wrap around my waist from behind.

As soon as I've mixed my coffee, I take a sip and turn to face her. I haven't eaten all fuckin' day because I've been so damn busy so this coffee is hitting the spot right about now.

"Can I not be?" I ask, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"Of course," She whispers, going on her tiptoes to peck my lips. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, baby." I reply softly.

She lays her head down on my chest and frowns. "Then stay with me." She mutters.

"I would if I could, Riv, you know that." I sigh, wrapping both arms around her and kissing the top of her head.

In response, she tightens her grip around me.

"I'll make it up to you tonight, hm?" I murmur into her hair.

"How?" She rests her chin on my chest and gazes up at me with her bright blue eyes.

"I don't have to work overtime today so I thought I could take you out to dinner," I reply and then lower my voice an octave. "Then finish what we started earlier."

"Really?" She whispers, smiling up at me.

"Mhm." I hum, bringing my head down to her kiss her lips.

She wraps her arms around my neck and my hands fall to her waist. I find it cute how she has to go on her tiptoes just to kiss me. Short ass.

As much as I love kissing her, we have to stop before we get carried away.

Reluctantly, I leave one last kiss to her lips and then pull away. Her lips are all wet from my kisses and it just makes me wanna take her right here on this counter.

I need her so bad.

"Pick you up at 7?" I say hoarsely, pulling away from her entirely and picking my coffee back up.

"Okay."

xXx

I'm almost done with work which is such a relief. I can't wait to go home. All my fatigue will immediately disappear as soon as I see my wife's face.

I miss her.

It feels like I haven't seen her in days. We've both been so busy we haven't really slowed down and took some time together.