Overprotective

"Come out with me

"Come out with me. I wanna try out this new club down town." Alea says through the phone.

"I don't know," I mutter, "The twins have nursery tomorrow and I—"

"River," She cuts me off, "You need this night out babe. Just get your husband to take care of them. He definitely wouldn't mind."

I sigh. "Fine. Want me to pick you up?" I ask her, glancing over at the time to see that's it nearly midnight. We've been talking for a while.

"Nah, I'll meet you there." She says and then I hear shuffling on her end of the call, "Bae I got to go. I'll text you later."

We say our goodbyes and then she hangs up. Stretching, my head falls back onto the couch and I catch the sight of my husband walking into the living room in just his sweatpants.

I really am a lucky woman because holy shit.

"Hi." I grin, wrapping my arms around his neck when he dips his head down to peck my forehead. "You should be asleep."

"Missed you." He murmurs, leaning his forehead against mine.

Pulling away, he walks around the couch and scoops me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and arms around his neck as he carries up to bed.

Entering our room, he turns the light off and gently lays me down on to the bed before climbing in with me under the covers. Soft, warm lips claim mine slowly with a sweet pull. My lips lingered on his for a moment and although it's dark I could tell he is smirking.

"Ace." I mumble, laying my head down on his pillow as he slips his arm underneath the pillows.

"Yeah, baby."

"I'm going out later. Can you watch the twins?"

He hums in response and wraps his other arm around my waist, holding me protectively against him. "Who with?"

"Alea."

"Where are you going?"

"To the new club down town."

I feel his chest rise as he inhales a deep breath before exhaling through his nose. "Okay." Is he all he says and I can tell he's tired just by his voice. Cute.

The moonlight peaking in from our curtains reflects of the back of his head, making his figure glow under the light. All mine. I rest my hand on the side of his face and brush my thumb over his closed eyelids, leaning in closer to him and latching my mouth onto his.

The kiss is slow and sloppy as our mouths move together, consuming ourselves with each other. My arm comes around his neck and I trail my fingers through his brunette hair. Our mouths crashed together, his tongue tangled in mine as they worked past my lips to plunge into my mouth, every stroke tugging at things low and deep inside of my stomach.