Upset

"River I'm not doing this with you right now

"River I'm not doing this with you right now." I say calmly, running a hand through my hair.

I got back from work not too long ago and ever since the start of the week we've been having this same conversation over and over again. It's getting irritating and repetitive.

She wants to visit her aunt and Miyah back in London for a week but it's just an inconvenience. The kids have school, I have work, it's in the middle of the week. There's just so much we'll have to do to make it happen and I don't want the kids missing out on school for something they could do during their break. They've already had too many days off.

"The kids haven't seen them in so long Ace." She scowls at me and if looks could kill I'll be six feet under by now.

I know she's frustrated but so am I. We're never gonna come to an agreement if we're arguing like this.

I'll give her anything she wants but I wish she'll just wait a little longer. If she had told me a week or two in advance this wouldn't be a problem but she wants to fly out by the end of the week.

"You think I don't know that?" I snap, whipping my head in her direction. "You think we can just drop everything and fly out to London whenever it's convenient for you?"

"You're not listening to me Ace!" She grits out. "I told you that I can just fly out with them. You can stay here since you never come with me anyways."

"Because I have a whole fucking company to run," I seethe. "I can't just drop everything whenever."

"I know. You don't give a shit anyways!" She lets out a frustrated breath.

"You know that's not true," I tell her seriously. "But I can't just leave. Who else would take care of the company when I'm gone? I can't expect Theo to do it all the damn time. You know how much of an inconvenience that would be for him?"

"I'll never get the chance to see them until another couple of months Ace," She says. "You either come with me or I'm taking the kids and leaving without you."

"You can't take them out of school," I shake my head and pinch the bridge of my nose. "They've already missed so many days."

"It's not like they'll miss much," She scoffs and rolls her eyes. "It's only for a week."

"A week too long," I snap, glaring down at her. "You're not taking my kids all the way to London for fuck sakes woman."

"Oh fuck you asshole!" She yells. "They're my kids too and I'll take them wherever the fuck I want!"

I roll my eyes at her. "Oh? Is that what you think?" I raise my eyebrow and place my hands on my hips.

"I'm done. I'm gonna go pack my shit and we're leaving by tomorrow morning." She mutters and before I can get a word out she's already walking pass me and heading towards the stairs.