Tension

The twins, who are seventeen, aren't home yet and dinner was already made

The twins, who are seventeen, aren't home yet and dinner was already made. Usually they're home on time for dinner but I just assumed they got stuck in traffic or something.

"You like it?" I ask Ace. He's leaning against the counter with his bowl of pasta in his hand.

"It's good baby." He smiles and leans down to peck my lips.

"Good." I reply.

"Did you already eat?" He asks, leaning over the middle island instead.

"Yes," I say, running a hand through the back of his hair. "Do you want more?"

"I'm okay, love." He says softly as I lay my head down on his shoulder and wrap my arms around his firm bicep.

He looks so good right now in his white tank top and black slacks. I wanna bite him so I do and he doesn't even flinch.

Instead he effortlessly puts me in a headlock but obviously doesn't apply any pressure. "Quit fuckin' biting me, Riv." He grumbles.

"Make me." I smirk.

In response, he slips his hand into my sweatpants and I gasp when he pinches my ass. "Ace." I whine.

"What baby?" I feel him smile against my cheek as he wraps his arm around my waist.

"Get off." I grumble, pushing his chest.

"Come here," He says, lifting me onto the island with one arm. "I know you don't really want that."

"How do you know what I want?" I question with a raised brow and he smirks.

"Just look at your pretty face, darling." A giggle escapes the back of my throat when he starts peppering my face with soft kisses.

"Stop." I say in between laughter.

Grinning, he pecks my lips before going back to his food. I keep him company while he eats and we're in the middle of a conversation when the front door slams shut followed by yelling.

The fork pauses at Ace's mouth while his eyes follow the twins as they walk in arguing with each other. I glance at them over my shoulder and get off the island. They've argued many times before just like all siblings but not like this. This argument is more tense than any other.

"Why are you such an idiot Reyna?" Matteo stresses, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't need you micromanaging me Matteo!" Reyna yells at him.

"I'm only doing it because of this fucking reason," He levels her with a glare. "You didn't tell me you were going to a party instead of my game. What if you had gotten hurt?"

"I can handle myself!"

"I'm suppose to keep you safe Reyna," He seethes. "How am I supposed to do that if you won't talk to me?"