Crush

Every night after my Dad gets off work, he trains and almost always I join him ever since I was twelve

Every night after my Dad gets off work, he trains and almost always I join him ever since I was twelve. I've been training with him for five years now.

He teaches me basic combat and shit. Sometimes we lift weights, do some cardio, pull ups, etcetera. He has taught me everything I've ever known about exercising and keep myself in shape.

He's hard on me as it is but training with him is on a whole other level. He's trains me as he does with every other made man. I can tell he takes it a little easy on me because Mom would've killed him if I got hurt.

By the time we're done, I cannot feel my muscles. I gotta learn somehow though so it's fine.

Right now, we're doing a few boxing techniques like blocking and hitting. He has the boxing punch mitts on and I have the gloves. Each time I don't block or dodge one of his punches, he makes me do ten push ups. Not to stroke my own ego though, I'm getting good at this shit. I've only had to do one set of ten push ups so far.

He swings at me again but I was too late to notice and he ends up hitting the side of my torso. I know damn well he can hit harder than that but he's careful not to. It's more like a tap than an actual punch.

"That's another set of ten." He orders.

"Bro, come on." I groan in frustration and he raises his eyebrows.

"I don't recall that being a question, Matthew." He says sternly.

Kissing my teeth, I reluctantly drop down and do another set of ten push ups. I spoke way too soon for fuck sakes.

"And drop that attitude." He tells me.

"Yes, sir." I grumble, feeling my muscles burn from how hard I've strained them today.

Once I've done my set, he hands me a bottle of water and calls it a day thankfully. I'm jugging down my water when Mom calls my name from the top of the basement stairs.

"Someone's here for you." She calls.

"Who is it?" I call back. I am in no state to be meeting up with anyone.

"You'll see." Is all she says. So helpful. Thanks, Mom.

I hear footsteps come down the stairs and I glance up to see my girl walking in. Grinning, I stand up from the side of the boxing ring where I was sitting and rush over to her.

"What a surprise." I say, wrapping her up in my arms. "What are you doing here, princess?"

"You're so sweaty." She counters back.

"Blame that old man." I grumble, laying my head on her shoulder as I catch the sight of Dad shaking his head at me while typing away on his phone.

"Hi Mr Del Rosso." Audrey greets him with that pretty smile of hers.