Birthday

Tomorrow is my birthday but I'm starting to think that Ace has forgotten

Tomorrow is my birthday but I'm starting to think that Ace has forgotten. The reason being is because he hasn't asked me what I wanted to do for it like he always does. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he's just tired from work and will remember in the morning.

"Hey Ma," My seventeen year old son says as he walks into the living room with his hands behind his back like he's hiding something. "I'm gonna be out tomorrow for your birthday so I wanted to give you your gift now."

"You didn't have to get me anything." I say softly.

He sits down beside me and pulls the gift bag out from behind him. "I wanted to," He smiles and hands me the gift. "Audrey helped me pick it out."

"Thank you." I reply, pulling him into a hug before unwrapping my gift.

Inside is a diamond bracelet with a heart charm on it. It's beautiful and I know damn well that without Audrey's help my son wouldn't know what the hell to buy me.

"Like it?" He asks.

"Love it." I say, pecking his cheek. "Thank you."

"No problem." He grins and gets up from his seat. "I'll be upstairs if you need me."

I nod my head so he leaves the living room. Ace had gone to be pick Reyna up from a friends house on the way back from work and I think in a couple of minutes they'll be back.

I don't have the energy to cook dinner so either Ace cooks or we're ordering out. Before they get back, I decide to take a quick shower and finish up any leftover work I had for the day.

xXx

By the time I finish my shower and head downstairs, I see that Ace and Reyna made it back.

"Mom," Reyna calls out and as soon as I reach her she throws her arms around me. "Do you want your gift now or tomorrow?"

I briefly glance over at Ace in hopes that maybe he got the hint that it was my birthday from Reyna's words. However, he's not even paying attention. All of his focus is on whatever the fuck is on his phone.

"I can wait." I tell her, trying to keep my tone light although I'm feeling the opposite. It sucks to know that your own husband forgot your birthday.

"Alright. I'm gonna go wash up for dinner. Love you." She says, giving me a light squeeze before rushing up the stairs.

I let out a sigh and glance up at Ace when his deep voice suddenly fills my ears. "You good?" He asks with his focus still on his phone.

"I'm fine." I mumble, walking past him into the kitchen.

Abruptly, he grabs me by my waist and pulls me into his chest with my back to his front. He buries his face into my neck and wraps his arms around my waist.