Insecure

I wanted to get River out of the house because she's been stuck indoors ever since she had the twins which was three weeks ago

I wanted to get River out of the house because she's been stuck indoors ever since she had the twins which was three weeks ago. So, I decided to take her and the twins to the beach because the weather is nice today. It's the same one I proposed to her on and we haven't been in a while.

The twins are taking their nap right now so hopefully they'll be full of energy for the beach. As soon as River has packed the diaper bag we start heading out to the car.

River sits Matteo down in his car seat while I place Reyna in hers. Kissing her forehead gently, I close the door and open the passenger side door for my wife. She pecks my lips and sits inside the car so I close the door before getting in myself.

"We're going to the beach baby," I say, starting up the engine and swerving out of the gates. "Are you sure you're going to be okay in that hoodie?"

"I'm fine." She mutters, tugging the hoodie further down herself.

She has been wearing them a lot lately and I thought nothing of it but it's fucking hot outside. Normally she would've worn a dress or something but she's covering herself more and more. She won't even get dressed in the same room as me and whenever I bring it up she shuts me down.

"Whatever you say, love." I sigh and place my hand on her thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze.

xXx

Few minutes later we made it to the beach. River's getting the bags out of the car while I carry the twins over in their car seats. They're awake now but are crying like crazy. Most likely because they're hungry. So as soon as River gets back she feeds them and thankfully they've calmed down.

"Ace." She says as I scoop Matteo up from her arms.

"Hmm?"

"When are you going back to work?"

"Whenever you want me to."

"Don't you have a lot to do?"

"Always but," I lean over and kiss her temple. "You're more important." Her lips quirk up but it disappears just as quick as it comes. "Why? Do you not need me anymore?"

"I do." She whispers softly.

"Then I'll stay." I reply, laying Matteo down on the towel next to his sister. "So stop worrying about work."

"Okay. I just don't want to keep you from it."

"I rather be here with you, Riv."

"You're a workaholic, you know." She says, nudging me lightly.

"Am I?" I raise a brow and tilt my head at her.