Secretly Sick

A/N: you're John B's twin and you're dating JJ!

I've been feeling sick for the past few days. Every time I'm trying to sleep— I can't. Every time I try to focus on something— I can't. I literally can't do anything without feeling sick. I don't want to burden JJ or any of the other pouges, so I don't say anything.

Anyway, me and all of the pouges are walking down to the beach, surfboards at our sides. I see everyone laughing and I just weakly smile— so nobody suspects anything.

*JJ's Pov*

Yn has been acting up for the past few days. I kept writing it off as me being dramatic, but now it's been getting more noticeable.

She's normally the one joking around and being the most hyper— but today she is barely smiling as we all talk and laugh.

"Dude, I heard the waves are gonna be crazy since that hurricanes coming soon." John B says as he punches my shoulder lightly.

I glance over at Yn— she loves big waves and surfing them. She also loves taking risks, so I expect her to say something. She just stays quiet.

Again, I try to brush it off. Maybe she's tired.

*Time Skip* ~ Yn's Pov ~

I'm currently bobbing up and down on my board. I figured I'd watch the pouges surf because every time I try to ride a wave, my stomach lurches.

"Yn, there's a big wave over there!" JJ points with a smile. "You should get it!" He continues.

"It's fine, JJ." I nod. "I'll get the next one." I lie. I've said that about the past five waves.

I see him look at me with a concerned look on his face— I look away. "Are you ok?" He asks lowly as he paddles over to me. "You've been acting weird these past couple of days." He mutters.

"I'm ok—" I lie. "just tired." I quickly add.

"Are you—" JJ starts.

"You should go get some waves— go on." I cut him off as I nod at the big waves ahead.

"Alright," he gives in. "but you should join us." He tries one last time.

"Maybe next time." I nod with a smile— I can feel my body wanting to shiver. He shoots me one last concerned glance before paddling over to Pope.

I watch them all surf for a little while, but eventually, I get really cold and I decide that I should just leave quickly.

Once I arrive to the chateau, I trudge into my room and collapse onto the bed. I soon feel myself get taken over by much needed sleep.

My eyes flutter open— it's dark outside. My bathing suit is damp, along with my bedsheets. I practically fall out of bed and walk over to my closet. Although it's around seventy degrees outside, I change into a hoodie and shorts.

I then walk into the living room— it's silent and dark in every room. It feels like nobody is home. Anyway, I walk out onto the porch, fully expecting nobody to be there. However, I find JJ sprawled out on the couch, very much awake.

"Hey, JJ." I weakly smile as I slowly sit myself down next to him.

"Hi, babe— how'd you sleep?" JJ asks as he sits up, wrapping his arm around me.

"Good." I simply answer.

JJ starts to tell me a funny story about how Pope and John B totally wiped out because of each other. He's laughing lightly but I can't help but focus on how I feel like I'm gonna puke.

He soon goes quiet. "Are you ok?" He asks as he shakes me with his hand gently.

"Mhm." I hum as I begin to shiver.

I can feel JJ's eyes burning into me as I pretend not to notice. He puts his hand to my head. "Holy shit, you're burning up!" He freaks out with wide and worried eyes.

"I'm fine—" I lie. I get cut off by my stomach twisting and my throat watering.

I spring off of the couch and run into the bathroom— my hand covering my mouth. I put my head into the toilet and I start to throw up.

"It's ok." JJ soothes as he holds my hair back with one hand— the other rubbing my back.

I tear up as I lean against his chest. "I hate throwing up!" I complain, my voice cracking.

"I know you do." He nods. "You'll be fine, we'll get you some medicine and I can run to the store." He offers softly as he holds me close.

"All of the stores are closed." I lightly laugh as I wipe my mouth.

"I can, you know— break in." He jokes. We both laugh quietly, not wanting to wake anyone.

"Well, there is a gas station that's opened all night— can you go there, please?" I ask, remembering the one store on the island that remains opened all night.

"Yeah— let's get you in bed first." He agrees as he helps me off of the floor.

He brings me into the room and lays me on my bed. "I'll be back— one second." He holds his finger up before walking out.

He comes back in with a trash can and my phone. "Just in case." He says as he holds up the trash bin— he then places it next to the bed.

"Thank you." I quietly say— feeling too sick to raise my voice any higher.

"Anytime, babe." He says before planting a kiss on my forehead. "I'll be back with some medicine and drinks." He says before walking out, again.

After around fifteen minutes, he comes back with gatorade and sprite— along with some crackers and medicine. He slides into bed as I throw three pills into my mouth.

I swallow them as I make a face— JJ laughs. "Eat some crackers— I know you probably haven't eaten in a while." He says.

"You're right." I admit as I open the crackers.

"Yn, you don't ever have to hide the fact that you're sick." JJ abruptly says.

"I know. I won't anymore." I promise.

"Good." He nods. He then retells me the Pope and John B story as I enjoy my food.