Piece of Cake

Lucy

My name is Lucy Heartfilia and I am a Fairy Tail wizard. I am a Celestial wizard which means I fight with spirits that I summon with my keys and they are my best friends. Well besides from Natsu and Levy of course.

***

I slowly opened my eyes and glimpsed sun shining into my apartment. A flash of pink caught my eye causing me to scowl at the usual morning intruder that took up the left side of the bed.

"GAH!" I shouted out as I shot out at Natsu with my famous Lucy kick. With a shocked expression, his body flew across the room with his blue exceed, Happy. 

Natsu happened to be the one wizard who dragged me into Fairy Tail's troublesome guild in the first place when we met in Magnolia. Unlike me, he is a Dragon slayer and is the sun of a famous dragon named Igneel who disappeared several years ago, leaving Natsu at Fairy Tail who trained to be one of the most famous dragon slayers in the world. Every dragon slayer has the chance to own an exceed which is a flying cat companion who is like a pet but is closer to being a best friend. Without them, I wouldn't even be here.

"Hey Luce! Why did ya do that?" He asked as he rubbed his salmon hair with a wince.

"You can't just barge into my apartment and steal my bed!" I retaliated, my scowl deepening.

"We were sharing it and besides you left your window unlocked specifically so I could get in."

My cheeks suddenly felt extremely warm when the realization struck me. He was right for once, I thought to myself, my scowl softening.

"Nah its fine Luce! We are best friends and best friends share stuff!" Natsu said as he gave me a goofy grin. I smiled and rolled my eyes before grabbing my clothes and walking to the bathroom.

I quickly changed into my usual blue skirt with my blue and gold top, tall boots, blue stockings, and lastly tied my hair into two pigtails. I stepped out to find Natsu and Happy already eating everything out of my fridge, food stuck to their cheeks and a dash of cream on their noses.

"Hey! I have to pay for all that you know!" I yelled. Natsu shrugged before wiping his mouth.

"We'll do a mission with Erza, Gray, Wendy, and Carla," He said as he ate the last apple.

I huffed before latching my celestial keys onto my belt and held the door open for them so they could hurry out before actually eating everything in the apartment. Natsu gave me a fiery grin before walking out with his hands on his hips as Happy followed, flying behind. I quickly locked the apartment before following them down the stairs, walking close to the water that flowed freely.

"You know we might as well move in," Happy suddenly pointed out. I froze and stumbled on the sidewalk and leaned towards the water, fear flashing in my eyes. I was gonna fall in because of that stupid cat.

"Ahh!" I cried out. I shut my eyes and waited for the icy water to swallow me up, but then I felt a warm arm holding onto my stomach and I could spell a smoky scent. I opened my eyes and blinked for a second, feeling overly optimistic about the fact that I had just been saved from the cold liquid.

"Luce! Are you alright?" Natsu asked as he helped me stand straight. I nodded and sighed and started walking again.

"I'm sorry for always slowing us down," I said softly, memories of past times entering my mind. I heard Natsu run up beside me and he grabbed my hand.

"You don't slow us down at all. Now we are not gonna go slow at all. Come on!"

I screamed before he pulled me along as we sprinted to the guild.

***

"Lu-chan!"

I grinned as the short bluenette jogged up to me, holding a book close to her small chest. Levy had always been my best friend for a while ever since I ran away from my father and was always there for me. Her magic type was script magic which meant she had a special connection towards writing and could summon many things to aid her.

"What's up Levy-chan?" I asked as I sipped my usual strawberry smoothie. She looked up at me with bright eyes and gave me a huge smile before leaping up onto the bar stool next to me.

"Aye. Quit smiling like that, Shrimp. Your face will get stuck with that stupid grin," Gajeel muttered as he walked by us. Levy glared at him before returning her gaze and grin back to me.

"Anyways. I just finished reading your novel! It was so good and well written!" She said with excitement. I had finished my book a few days ago and had a promised when I first met her that she would be the first to read it. Of course Natsu had intruded and read it, but I kept that a secret from Levy.

"Mmm thanks!" I told her. I casually looked at the quest board where Gray, Erza, and Happy looked for a job. Wendy skipped over to me and I admired her cute blue pigtails along with the white exceed that hovered above her shoulder.

"Ready for a mission?" She asked sweetly. I nodded before handing my empty glass to Mira and followed Wendy to our group.

"We better get going. I do not fancy being late," Carla told us. Erza nodded before leading us out of the guild.

"The mission is in a nearby forest and we have to kill a whole tribe of forest vulcans. We get 300,000 jewels from a nearby ranger," Erza said.

"Piece of cake!" Natsu yelled out.