Two Is Better Than One

1 Day Later

Lucy

Y had just left my cell and I concentrated on his fading steps as he walked out of the dungeon. He and his goons had actually decided to leave me alone and had started giving me measly trays of food.

My wounds were slowly trying to heal themselves even though I was mostly covered in blood and grime from the abuse. Scars would definitely cover me if I live to tell this tale.

But this was no fairy tale.

I slowly tried to force my legs to bend so I could stand. My hands shook as I braced myself against the wall, ignoring my old chains on the floor that they had taken off of me.

Pain arched through my lower back as I trembled in a standing position.

My celestial spirit keys were hanging on the wall across from me so I had a chance of getting them so I could summon Virgo and Loke.

They were like a brother and a sister to me so I knew they could help me. I shakily stepped forward, ignoring the urge to collapse onto the dirt covered floor.

I was so weak at the moment and it was a wonder why Yveltal hadn't tried to kill me yet. I couldn't be that important....right?

I thought about all my memories at Fairy Tail and how they were affected by me being kidnapped.

Song: I'm Coming Home by Skylar Grey and Diddy-Dirty Money

I grimaced as I was barely able to step forward. Bruises covered my aching body to the point where it hurt to move even an inch forward.

But I needed to move on.

Memories flashed through my mind, egging me on.

Step.

Natsu grinning at me as he showed me Fairy Tail.

Step.

Gray coming after us to join us on the S-Class mission.

Step.

Erza encouraging me and apologizing to me at the train station.

Step.

Happy and Carla saving me when we fell from the train because of The Butt Jiggle Gang.

Step.

Wendy falling when we met up to defeat the Iracion Seis.

Step.

Natsu crashing in my apartment.

Step.

Natsu helping me at Fairy Tails sacred island before the seven year sleep.

Step.

Natsu catching me when I fell when I was kidnapped.

Step.

Natsu and I dancing.

Step.

Natsu.

Step.

A pang shot through my heart when I thought of possibly never seeing Natsu again. Determination rushed inside of me when I thought of how he never gave up on me even when I was causing the destruction of Fairy Tail.

He was always there for me.

I stretched my arm though the bars of the cell and slowly grabbed my keys. Just holding them gave me energy so I couldn't help but grin.

"Alright! Gate of the Maiden I open thee, Virgo! Gate of the Lion I open thee, Leo!" I said softly with energy.

A brilliant light flashed and both my spirits appeared.

"Punishment?" Virgo asked worriedly.

I shook my head and would have fallen as my knees collapsed but Leo caught me.

"You don't know how worried we've been! Us spirits have been in the Celestial realm trtyingnt figure out what happened but now we're caught up," Leo said as he sat me in his lap.

"Thanks Leo. Listen I need your help. I need to be healed andnim gonna need new clothes. I also really need Natsus scarf," I told them urgently

"You know you could have just summoned Cancer if you needed your eyelashes trimmed," Leo scoffed.

I rolled my eyes as Virgo disappeared to get my clothes.

"Anyways Loke. I need to figure out a way to contact Fairy Tail about where I am and what's happening," I muttered.

"Hmmm. I think I remember Xerneas telling us you can contact power through dreams by summoning all twelve spirits," Like said.

"Oh yeah! I'll try to contact Natsu....." I whispered sadly.

"I saw him. Natsu I mean."

I looked up at  Loke when he said that and my breath caught in my throat.

"Na....Natsu." I choked out.

"Yeah. He's absolutely distraught and is in bad shape. It's gotten to the point where Wendy has to watch over him when he sleeps because he wakes up crying because of you."

I thought about what he just said and tears formed in my eyes. Virgo appeared in front of me, holding clothes and bandages.

"Thanks Virgo!"

For the next half hour, I was bandaged up from head to toe just about and bruises covered all my body.

I made Loke turn away before I changed into a knee length plain white dress that hugged my chest and had thin straps. I had white flats on to cover my blistered feet. My oily ratty hair was in a braid that Virgo had done.

The most important thing was the scarf that was around my neck that smelled like fire. It smelled like Natsu and when I felt nervous, I would bury my head into it.

"Alright so how do I do this spell?" I asked them.

Natsu

I sat in Lucy's bed as Wendy watched over me. Around my wrist was Lucy's blue ribbon that I constantly played with.

I missed her so much.

"Natsu you should get some sleep," Wendy sweetly suggested.

I nodded and buried my face into her pillows to inhale her sweet mysterious scent.

I loved her intoxicating scent that always made its way to my nose. I loved her caring chocolate eyes that went from happy to determined in a second. I loved how she was always sarcastic even when it wasn't the right time. I loved how close she was with her celestial spirits as if they were her family.

She was my partner and we always went on missions together, even when she was sad she stuck with me.

After all two is better than one.

And I love how she stuck with me even when I was mad at the world, even after I destroyed a town, even back in Edolas she tried to get out so she could help Wendy and I.

And I love—

Her.

Tears formed in my eyes when the realization dawned on me.

I had never really loved someone as much as Lucy evidently. Lisanna was my childhood friend and I may have had a small crush on her but she was nothing like Lucy.

I love you Lucy. Please don't give up on me. On us.

*******************

I regret nothing about writing this sad chapter.

Theme Song for the rest of the book is I'd Love To Change The World(Matstubs Remix) by Jetta.