Lucy

Natsu

"Holy Mavis! The light is growing!"

I quickly pivoted back towards Master Makarov had disappeared where the blinding light had mysteriously grown instead of shrunk, when his power left the area. My thumb twisted the corner of Igneel's scarf as the rest of the guild began to back away.

"Why does this magic power feel familiar?" Erza said softly as her crimson hair blew back behind her.

"I don't know what it is, Erza, but you're right!" Levy exclaimed. The small blue haired girl tumbled out of Gajeel's arms onto the ground before the light, her eyes showcasing curiosity.

I watched her trace the ground beneath the ever growing light, runes and magic script appearing inside the lines that her magic created. "Oh my god!" She squealed.

"What is it?" I asked, stepping closer.

"The runes! The patterns!" She replied with a gleeful grin.

My eyebrows scrunched together with confusion when Happy glanced in between Levy and I. "Sounds like an art class I would fail," The blue exceed muttered.

"Ahah! I got it! Why didn't I think of this before?" Levy exclaimed once more.

"I don't understand." Gajeel grunted. I nodded in agreement as everyone else squinted puzzled looks towards the tiny mage.

"Alright. Back a while ago at the Grand Magic Games, Cana used the spell Fairy Glitter to win the competition. Fairy Glitter is an ancient spell that is tremendous in power and was once used with similar power as the stars in our very own solar system. Mavis Vermillion had passed the three ancient spells down until they got to Makarov. When Makarov disappeared, the spell grew since it is perfectly aligned with the stars. Mavis had always been the closest to the stars in our guild until now, that's where Lucy came in. Mavis had allowed Makarov to use the spell so Mavis and Lucy could unite and Lucy could be resurrected. However, there is still a missing link."

"Wow....." Cana breathed.

Lisanna gasped and squealed with happiness. "Ah! It's just like the tragic fairy tale of Mavis and Zeref where they lived a tragic love story! Lucy is Mavis and Natsu is Zeref!"

My body suddenly erupted in coughs as my face began to burn up with embarrassment. "Well.....Luce had told me in the dream to use the scarf since it's a direct link between us and the dragons."

"Wow. Cotton Candy Head finally became smart AND got himself a girl," Gray muttered with a smirk. I scowled before setting the scarf in the light, not even caring if I was supposed to wait or not.

A whistling sound began to echo throughout the room as the scarf erupted in violet flames, the giant ball of light growing until it enveloped everyone. It was then, that I realized I would sacrifice my own life to save my Luce. 

So I began to feed the magic light with more magic.

"Natsu! Stop!" Happy and Carla cried out.

A scream vibrated in my chest as the magic burned through my body, in my veins, through my skin, wherever it could escape. My body began to surround itself in fire, not the regular fire that I usually breathed, but instead there was golden fire, built from pure passion from my heart.

It was cheesy but the amount of love I had for her was imprinted into my soul that would always be combined with hers, our hearts beat as one, our magic was in unison. I slowly opened my eyes as I stood in the light and saw her body three feet in front of me.

Her gold hair flowed back, blending in with the sphere of light, her chocolate eyes staring into mine as her hand made its way tightly grasped in mine as the world seemed to stop. Then she smiled as the flames rolled off my body and surrounded her, my heart burning.

Then it was all gone.

My body was in the same place it had been standing for the past long minutes and everyone else was sprawled out onto the ground. However, the only person I noticed was Lucy who stood in the middle of the circle, the magic had burned into the ground.

She still wore the original white dress from when she was imprisoned, except now it had not a single tear or stain on it and it softly blew back as if there was wind going towards her. Her hair cascaded in a shining golden waterfall down her back as her eyes sparkled with tears when she took in the scene before.

"Luce?" I asked, my voice cracking to another octave.

The beautiful angel in front of me, began to turn towards me, her pink lips forming a small 'o'. 

"Natsu?"She whispered.

I nodded slowly, Hoping forming in the eyes of the man that swam in those chocolate pools. I thought I was lost when Igneel disappeared and left me to fend for myself but now I was lost in Lucy. I was lost in her galaxy of stars, the angelic grace of he steps, the invisible wings that flowed out behind her hair....

Then she was running. The bottoms of her bare feet slapped the cold stone floor as she sprinted towards me and then she was in my arms. I grabbed her out of the air, her body causing me to fall to my knees, her legs perfectly curling so she sat on my lap, her thin arms hung around my neck as she buried her face into into my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her, trying to get rid of any of the distance that lie between us so her chest was pressed against mine. I buried my face into her strawberry scented hair as her shoulders shook and my skin became wet with tears.

"Oh god, Natsu!" Lucy cried out into my chest, I stroked her back soothingly when she broke away, her hair sticking to her cheeks. Still holding her, I gently moved her hair out of her face causing a small shiver to pass through her.

"I need you so badly that I almost killed myself to save you. I needed your voice to pull me out of the nightmares, and your hair to play with when I was bored, I needed to smell your hair when I missed you, and I needed you to fill the void inside of me," I blurted out.

She sat there silently, different emotions passing though her eyes.

"I needed you more than I needed to breathe," Luce whispered, her words barely more than a breath.

"I love you so goddamn much." I stated, then I crashed my lips against her, needing to finally feel how soft the were.

At first, she was shocked as I kissed her gently, afraid she would break away, but then she squirmed against me, until her legs were straddling me, her body completely pressed against me. I gasped as pleasure floated through me, and pulled her even closer. Our kisses became desperate as she moaned against my mouth and dragged her fingers through my hair.

"Hey lovebirds? Go moan for each other in a different room because we need your help now."

Lucy quickly broke away, embarrassment hidden in her eyes. "We should probably help."

"Mhm," I said with a grin.

I lifted her off of me before standing and setting her standing by me. Our fingers laced together as we hurried to the circle our guild was making around Juvia and Gray.

Gray held Juvia in his arms but both of them were sweating and couldn't move, their breathing very slow.

"It's the poison, I don't think they can live," Luce whispered with worry.