Rain, Rain, Go Away

~~~A/N: Please read this. There is a specific song that needs to be heard especially with this chapter. It is called Rain by Breaking Benjamin and it would fit perfectly and it is one of my favorite songs. 

Two Days Later

Lucy

The soft pattering of raindrops against the pavement gave my heart a calm feeling, slowing the quick beats. It was constant and peaceful, not the storms that usually brewed within Magnolia. It wasn't normal but rather for a special occasion.

My fingertips played with the hem of the cotton black dress that hung off my body, a shiver passing through me as the rain touched the back of my neck. The dress was familiar, having been my mother's before she had passed away. It had tight long sleeves, clinging to my chest but flowed loosely at the waist to my knees. 

My hair was down for once, a braid coming from each temple and tying back into a single loose braid in the back. Makeup was minimal, only mascara on my eyelashes. I sucked in a sharp breath, causing a squeeze on my other hand. I looked over to see Natsu watching me with worried eyes. He wore a black suit with a draping red cloak indicating he was master of the guild.

Natsu constantly grieved over the master's death.

Natsu leaned over and kissed my temple before using his other hand to take off his regular scarf from Igneel. I bit my lip to stop future tears as he draped it around my neck. 

"It's time," He whispered. I nodded and looked back, watching as a field of black surrounded us. 

Every single member of our guild stood with us, several people sporting complicated bandages. A wave of angst passed over my heart when I realized what I had caused. Gajeel had a cast and held Levy against him as she struggled to support herself, Erza stood strong but tears streamed down her bruised cheeks. Lisanna sat in a wheelchair, too weak to stand with her brother and sister who showed battle scars proudly. Our whole guild was there with us and even several members from other guilds watched us. 

Natsu nodded towards the back of the crowd to where a girl in a white dress appeared, her usually long and flowing hair into a delicate bun with flowers woven through. She walked through, the guilds splitting apart like atoms as she carried a tall flag with the Fairy Tail symbol. Erza then turned and walked beside her, Carla, Pantherlily, and Happy flying behind.

Lastly, Natsu gently pulled us forward so we were in front of everyone completely.

I then sucked in a deep breath, tears beginning to appear in my eyelids. "I'm ready," I whispered to Natsu. Mavis then gave everyone a sad smile before walking behind us. She cast one of Fairy Tails famous spells and that was when the ceremony was created.

I cleared my throat, grabbing everyone's attention. "We gather here today....." My voice quivering slightly. Natsu squeezed my hand in reassurance. "We gather here today.....in memorial of guild members, friends, and most of all family."

I pivoted away from Natsu to where the memorial behind us lay. A tall, extravagant fountain sat, flowing the most pure water ever seen to mankind. The bottom was made of thick ice that couldn't possibly be melted or broken, slowly fading into lighter layers until it became pure water into the fountain. Around it was a constant breeze that sank to the bones in peace. Lastly, was a beautiful marble sidewalk engraved with a perfect portrait of Makarov, a light smile on his face.

"The past several days has been hard for all of us," I continued. "I left to become stronger, not thinking about how it would affect everyone else. Then I was fooled by some creepy boy who turned out only wanting to kill me and everyone else. If....If it weren't for all of you, I would be dead. However, this isn't abut me, it is about our fallen guildmates."

I stepped back and let Natsu kneel forward by the fountain. He placed a large bouquet of multicolored flowers and stood tall, confidence blazing in him.

"Two days ago, Gray Fullbuster, Juvia Lockser, Wendy Marvell, and Master Makarov passed away. In recognition for how amazing they have been, we have made a memorial towards them so the world can know what they have done in their lives. Gray has been with the guild ever since he was little and even though he was kind of a jerk to me, he was the second brother I had always wanted and he still is. Juvia used to be apart of an enemy guild and I remember when she was horrible but then her and Gajeel had joined us. Even though, those two passed, they died together at least because I know Gray wouldn't have had it any other way."

"Wendy was one of the youngest members of our guild but she was one of the fiercest but also the sweetest. I first met her when members of our guilds combined when she tripped and fell on her face. She was the little sister I always needed and I felt like I had a bond to her. And lastly, Master Makarov. He is a strong man that had no right to die, no matter his age. He was a father and helped me even if I felt like dying when Lucy got kidnapped, Igneel left me, we found Zeref. However, it was his choice and even though we may not like it, he has bestowed me as Fairy Tail's new master."

Natsu was shaking as he stepped back, wrapping his arms around me giving us both the comfort we needed. "These people were most of my extra family other than you guys. Master was my father that never left me, Gray was a brother who we protected each other, Wendy was a sister to me that gave me the sense of being a child again, but I still have two more who still help me."

"Erza has always been an elder sister who would beat the crap out of anyone that hurt her or her guild so I always felt safe. But there will always be the love of my life, Lucy. She has given me the fear of losing her, the trust in her thinking, the care of her personality, but her constant compassion and spirit has kept me going. To me, she will be my wife."

Tears were waterfalls down my face at this point when Natsu preached all these beautiful words. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him, feeling love and admiration. I pulled away from him and smiled as we turned to the crowd, giving the turn of speaking to Mavis.

"Beautiful, Natsu. But now, join me in song as a temporary farewell to our family," Mavis called out.

A soft hum surrounded us as Mavis closed her eyes and swayed back and forth, humming a sweet tune.

"Just close your eyes,"

"The sun is going down,"

"You'll be alright,"

"No one can hurt you now,"

"Come morning light,"

"You and I'll be safe and sound."

We were Fairy Tail as we sang a sweet tune for our fallen comrades, our friends, our family.