Golden

Wendy

I winced as a scream from behind us sounded through the air. It worried me that I couldn't be there for my friends when they needed me. One of them could have even died because I wasn't there. A tear fell from my eye when those thoughts crossed my mind. I watched as Natsu ran as fast as possible to the stairs where they could go up and beat whoever hurt Lucy. It was cute that he held her closely to him as if she were a piece of his heart that he needed to live.

"Wendy look out!"

My reaction time was too slow as I watched the Hell Hound race towards me to kill me. A scream caught in my throat and I was frozen in shock. Someone however raced in front of me and shot a large blast of fowl smelling fire at the creature. It disintegrated into a small pile of dust and I gasped as Romeo pushed me a little ways away from the fighting that was being to form all around me.

"You should really be more careful. You could've gotten hurt really bad," He said with concern in his dark eyes.

I couldn't help but blush a little but shot him a grateful smile to cover it up. "Thank you so much."

"Hey you want me to kind of guard you so you can heal people?" Romeo asked with sincerity.

I nodded gratefully. "Thanks again Romeo."

"No problem."

Turns out we were a pretty good team. As he fought a path for me through the monsters, I quickly tried to heal people as soon as they got hurt. It was depressing to see Fairy Tail getting beat so badly. My friends fought with bright smiles on their face because even though they were sad, they were willing to give up their lives for each other.

Especially for Lucy and Natsu.

However my happy moment was ruined.

Suddenly a Hell Hound appeared out of nowhere and clamped its jaws right into my side, causing me to scream in pain. A little ways away I could see Gildarts widening his eyes as he hurried over. I whimpered as crimson flowed down my legs from my side, staining the floor. Romeo hurried over to my side as I fell to my knees in pain.

"Oh god, Oh god, Oh god," Romeo said as he called Carla over. My white exceed widened her eyes as she flew over.

"Wendy!" She yelled as tears flowed from her eyes.

My vision blurred as I heard people around me yelling my name. This wasn't going well for Fairy Tail at all.

I couldn't help anyone now.

The last thing I remember seeing was Romeos eyes as he cried for help.

*********

I gasped as my eyelids opened to darkness. Air tried to flow through me but somehow I couldn't breathe. I placed a hand over my heart and there was no beat. It also felt like my body was empty of feeling and happiness. Not to mention the infinite void I was standing in.

Is this what dying feels like?

My arms and legs felt normal but I didn't. I felt horrible.

Suddenly a small tinkling noise echoed through the air causing me to suck in a tiny breath. Maybe there was hope for me after all. A few meters in front of me, something small flickered, faint enough for me to barely tell. It was probably dangerous to go towards since curiosity kills the cat.

Cat.

Even without any feeling in my heart, it still pained me to think of Carla who had always been there for me. She was probably grieving for considering I could never come back to the Overworld at this point.

Again the light taunted me, causing me to yearn even more to go towards it.

The curiosity overpowered my strong mind and I lightly stepped towards it. Underneath my feet, whatever I was walking on rippled much like water. I giggled strangely causing my side to flare out in pain. Maybe Im going crazy.

The light flickered again and this time it was stronger. My pace quickened a little bit as I tried to hurry towards it.

Finally I was close enough that it almost blinded me and I reached out as it slowly faded away. In it I could see the large room where most of Fairy Tail was fighting and a tear fell from my eye as I saw the wounds everyone had.

Fairy Tail would not lose.

With a newfound confidence, I leaped towards the light, letting out a ferocious scream that I didnt know I possessed. However the light was just out of my grasp and I fell into a

dark

dark

hole.

*****

With a burst of light I exploded into the room sending monsters everywhere.

"Healing Explosion!"

I screamed as the spell used up my energy and exploded out of me. Everyone gasped as their wounds healed.

Romeo gazed at me with fear.

"What?" I asked.

"Your.....your body. The gold....."

I looked down at myself and suddenly felt dizzy when I saw the golden lines across my body.

Then the world turned black.