Battle

Lucy

I gasped as Natsu practically dragged me down a newer hallway that I didn't recognize. Of course I didn't remember many details of this massive place, only details about the jail cell and the very top where I managed to jump off.

"Where do I go Luce?" He asked, not even breaking a sweat.

I blushed a little when I noticed his determination and the sweet nickname he always calls me. It was kinda funny how before the seven year sleep we were only friends wanting to look out for each other.

Maybe we were a little more than that now.

"Luce?"

"Oh sorry! Um take a right and go up the stairs," I told him, slightly out of breath.

He was quiet for the next minute as he gently held my hand and we ran. So in the silence I studied his features since I have never comepletely noticed them. His pink hair that looked spiky and dangerous was really soft and blew back as he ran. His onyx eyes showed determination unlike anything else and it made me smile. He even had a small smile on his face even in the bad times.

However a large boom of thunder interrupted my strange thoughts and I jumped up, my heart skipping a beat. Natsus worried eyes greeted mine and he rubbed his thumb on my hand gently as we started ascending the stairs.

"You okay Luce?" He whispered.

I gulped a little and nodded before he smiled and we moved on. When we were hurrying up the stairs however, I tripped from exaustion and pain and fell forward sending a boom throughout the stairwell when I landed.

I cried out in pain, holding my hurt leg to me. It was already bruised enough and already had stitches on it but try had opened and blood started to pool around it. I whimpered as Natsu kneeled down and grabbed my leg gently.

He ripped a piece of cloth from his shirt and started wrapping it around my leg causing me to wince. Then he carefully picked me up and settled me in his arms bridal style.

"Shhhhh it's alright Luce. I'll protect you," He whispered before placing a small kiss on my head.

Why did he still want to protect me when it's useless?

*****

My heart started beating faster when we neared the top. Natsu growled when we entered the room and we saw Yveltal peacefully standing by the balcony that I had jumped from.

"Who the hell do you think you are, hurting Lucy like that?" Natsu yelled.

A tear fell from my eye as I realized he didn't know about the sacrifice.

Nobody did.

A maniacal laugh escaped from Yvelatals mouth and I gulped in fear. I remembered trusting him and he had kissed me. The fact that our mouths had touched worried me and made me slightly feel sick to my stomach.

"Well hello Salamander." Y said, not even turning around.

"I ain't here for small talk you sick bastard!" Natsu growled even louder. I gulped as he slowly set me down against a nearby wall so I could rest. Absently I rubbed the marks on my wrists where my cuffs had been and watched the conversation.

"Hmm I see Ms. Heartfillia hasn't told you much about.....her future," Y said cruelly sending panic through me.

Natsu looked back at me with a confused look in his eyes. "Luce?"

A tear fell from my eye and I sniffled at his broken look. "Natsu....." I whispered as more tears fell.

"What.....what's going on?" Natsu asked to no one in particular.