Tears

"Lucy!" Erza yelled.

I gritted my teeth and pushed away the Vulcan before slapping it with my whip. Erza requipped and flung swords at two vulcans but one snuck up behind her and full on hit her causing her armor to break and she transformed into her old clothes.

"Lucy!" Gray yelled at me.

He was surrounded by vulcans and I tried to stop one sneaking up on him but I needed up in his way and he knocked me over with one of his ice attacks.

"Lucy! Quit getting in our way!" Gray growled at me. I nodded and shakily stood up but sucked in a deep breath when the meaning of Grays words sunk in.

Quit getting in our way.

I was the weakest one here and I did constantly just get in everyone's way.

"Lucy! Move!" Natsu yelled as he did a fire dragon roar. I was a second too late when I moved because a Vulcan picked me up and threw me across the clearing at a tree and I gasped with pain as my back made contact, and I slid to the ground in pain. My head felt fuzzy and my eye sight was really blurry when I looked up to see Wendy hit the Vulcan with one of her air attacks.

I closed my eyes for a second and rubbed my lower back to calm the pain. Then I shakily stood up and winced when a sharp pain went up my back.

"Are they gone?" I asked quietly when my vision cleared. Then I was shocked to see their expressions. Gray had his arms crossed and was staring me daggers. Natsu was smoking with anger and Erza looked angry. Wendy, Carla, and Happy looked at me with worry and sympathy.

"Why can't you pay attention for once!" Gray yelled. I gasped and stepped back against the tree an stumbled on a tree root.

"He's right Lucy. You wouldn't have gotten hurt if you were paying attention during the fight and I wouldn't have broken my armor," Erza snapped. I felt tears out of both eyes and my mouth quivered.

Natsu was quiet as he watched my small movements. I saw his eyes flashed from anger to sympathy but went to disappointment.

"Gah! Lucy if you're not gonna be strong and help, I don't want you on Team Natsu!" He blurted out.

By now tears were rushing out of my eyes as Natsu turned and walked away from me. Gray shook his head and followed Natsu with Erza soon after.

I fell to the ground and cried into my knees. I heard Wendy walk over and she crouched down by me. "I'm so sorry Lucy-san. I bet there didn't mean it," She said sweetly.

I looked up and wiped my sore eyes and gave her a fake smile. "No. They're right."

She tilted her head but gave me a small hug before jogging off with Happy and Carla behind her. I stood up and thought about what happened as I walked to the path. Not far ahead, Natsu an the others were laughing at something Wendy had said.

If only I wasn't weak, I thought. I walked into the noisy guild and blocked my tear stained face with my blond hair.

Natsu had probably already told the guild about kicking me out which was probably why they probably seemed happier than normal.

Wait why were they happier than normal?

I sighed and sat in the corner where I wouldn't be noticed and watched as Natsu started dancing on one of the tables as the guild cheered them on. Erza was laughing with Mira as she ate her strawberry cake. Juvia was talking to Gray and they were both blushing. Wendy was playing tag with Romeo as the exceeds cheered them on.

I sighed and drew designs on the table with my index finger as happy shouts echoed the building.

I was never strong in the first place, I thought.

"Shut up you brats! Natsu gave me an announcement!"

My stomach turned as I looked up to see Master on the stage and Natsu was smiling slightly. I knew what it was gonna happen before it happened. So I abrubtly stood up and confidently walked up onto the stage. Natsu looked at me with confusion as I took a deep breath.

"Actually its my announcement. I've decided to quit Team Natsu," I told them as I tried not to cry again. Natsu parted his mouth a little and Gray narrowed his eyes. Erza literally dropped her cake which sent the guild into even more shock. Levy looked at me with a questioning look and Wendy burst into tears. Happy did too since he flew to my chest and latched onto my shirt as his salty tears landed on my chest.

"Don't leave us Lushee!" He cried out. I shook my head and grinned.

"Nah. I'm too weak for his team," I said. And too weak for this guild, I silently added. Natsu walked up and pulled Happy away as I casually walked down the steps, which caused my shocked guild mates to part like the Red Sea as I walked to Mira.

I couldn't believe I was gonna actually do this.

But I held out my hand to her anyways even though my heart was fighting back as tears dropped out of my eyes and landed on the wooden floors.

Mira looked at me with horror when she realized what I wanted her to do.

"Are you sure?" She whispered. I could tell that she was fighting tears. I hesitated but nodded as she erased my guild mark. I turned to see my guild mates tearing up.

"Why?" Levy whispered. I smiled and turned towards Natsu who had so much guilt in his eyes that it almost made me regret my decision.

Key word is almost.

"Bye Fairy Tail. I was to weak anyways," I called out and no one moved as I left them.